Engine Code P1151

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 94stangfan, Mar 7, 2004.

1. 94stangfan

94stangfan Member

All, I am receiving a P1151. I looked it up and found this... Lack Of HO2S21 Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks,

Keith
  2. DanM

DanM Founding Member

Thats the drivers' side pre-cat O2.

Maybe a vac leak somewhere has you running a bit lean? Could always be a bad sensor. If you have tons of time, you can swap the two pre-cat sensors (driver and passenger). If/when the code comes back, you'll know whether it's an actual lean condition or just a bad sensor, depending on what bank it pops back on....
  3. 94stangfan

94stangfan Member

Something I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I just did an engine change and was not getting any codes prior to the engine change. I do have a relatively new O2 sensor that is on my old engine (It was replaced 1 year ago). I may give that a try.

I didn't get any other messages with the 1151, so I didn't think it was the O2 sensor itself. I put all of the vacuum lines back on and doubt there are any leaks, but anything is possible.

I initially thought this was coming from the passenger side for some reason. I wanted to verify it wasn't an exhaust leak so I tightened it up a bit more. I will try the same on the drivers side to verify that isn't the problem.

Will I get a single P1151 if the O2 sensor is bad? Maybe this is just the begining stages of it?

Thanks,

Keith