Ever had problems with gas pedal sticking?

I had quit using floor mats in my Mustangs because of the floor mat kept causing the gas pedal to stick. I had thought I was the only one that had this goofy problem, but several of the fox body guys that I know have had the same problem too. I found a nice solution. The 2005+ Mustang floor mats are a perfect fit for fox bodies. I've driven around for about a year now and haven't had one problem.

260290.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

sorta. put my car in drive today while in the driveway (pointing stight at the 86 GT ) and it decided it was drag launch time and jumped a few feet foward. spinning. i got yelled at for it too! such BS!!!! the lil throttle return spring went crazy on me.

I have a problem where my pedel will get "notchy" feeling, like the cable is binding up....but i've taken the cable out and soaked it in PB Blaster and sprayed lithium grease in it and it doesn't help. The odd part is that it doesn't always do it...just when i don't drive it for a week, it'll be notchy feeling and then the next day it'll feel fine. It's not the carb linkage...i think i need a new cable.

my floormat has stuck on me a few times. very scary. all i had to do was pull it back. it slid forward over time i suppose. my dads '00 mustang has a little notch in the carpet that prevents the floormat from sliding. might be worth adapting something like that to our cars.

I have SN95 carpet at the moment with the clip and the mat doesnt go anywhere. :nice: The SN95 carpet doesnt fit right in some places, esp around the backseat area; but I'm not complaining about $11 black carpet that replaced my nasty looking grey rug. I'll get the correct carpet one day and I'll be transfering that clip too.

I had quit using floor mats in my Mustangs because of the floor mat kept causing the gas pedal to stick. I had thought I was the only one that had this goofy problem, but several of the fox body guys that I know have had the same problem too. I found a nice solution. The 2005+ Mustang floor mats are a perfect fit for fox bodies. I've driven around for about a year now and haven't had one problem.

260290.jpg

what are those seats out of?

Maaaaaaannnn....when I was 17, I was driving my Dad's 95GT..which was only a couple years old and I hit the gas hard, then let off and it kept going forward....and very fast. I slammed on the brakes because I was within feet from rearending a semi....and I was like WTFUUUU--??? I reached under with my hand and pulled the gas pedal above the floor mat. INCHES FROM BEING UNDER THE BACK OF THAT SEMI!!

That was bull****!!! I took that thing out the rest of the night and drove around just fine. Talk about being 17 and having a heart attack.

I have a problem where my pedel will get "notchy" feeling, like the cable is binding up....but i've taken the cable out and soaked it in PB Blaster and sprayed lithium grease in it and it doesn't help. The odd part is that it doesn't always do it...just when i don't drive it for a week, it'll be notchy feeling and then the next day it'll feel fine. It's not the carb linkage...i think i need a new cable.

This sound like something I have experienced before. When you press the pedal, it is like its sticking before going down a little. I found it to be the butterfly in the throttle body needed cleaned. Use a little carb cleaner on the butterfly and the throttle body to remove the gunk. Hope this helps.

This sound like something I have experienced before. When you press the pedal, it is like its sticking before going down a little. I found it to be the butterfly in the throttle body needed cleaned. Use a little carb cleaner on the butterfly and the throttle body to remove the gunk. Hope this helps.

Well the thing there is, if i unhook the cable from the carb, it's smooth as butter. Then i hook up the pedel and press it with my foot and i can feel it through the pedel. It's really odd that it doesn't do it all the time..if it were gunk build up i would think it would be constant.

YES.

My 86 and I were in a parking lot in first gear when it happened. My friend was watching in horror as I ran straight toward a building with the rev limiter tached out and a fireball came out of the exhaust pipe I was told.

Thank God I took the key from the ignition. Floor mat was the problem.

Maaaaaaannnn....when I was 17, I was driving my Dad's 95GT..which was only a couple years old and I hit the gas hard, then let off and it kept going forward....and very fast. I slammed on the brakes because I was within feet from rearending a semi....and I was like WTFUUUU--??? I reached under with my hand and pulled the gas pedal above the floor mat. INCHES FROM BEING UNDER THE BACK OF THAT SEMI!!

That was bull****!!! I took that thing out the rest of the night and drove around just fine. Talk about being 17 and having a heart attack.

LOL!!! The first time it happened to me, I was driving my buddy's coupe. I was racing a Camaro on a short road, damn it was scarry when the pedal full throttle.

I told friend to be careful of the same thing happening to him, he didn't listen. His pedal stuck and he hopped a curb and slid into a ditch!!