excalibrator tune for mpg?

REDFIRE VERT

Mar 30, 2005
Has anyone found a tune that will increase the mpg? With the gas prices going thru the roof right now, I think I will start trying to make it more economical to drive. The '05 auto I had got about 20 mpg driving to and from work everyday, the '05 5sp I have now gets about 22 as a daily driver. It would be nice to get better. I dont want it to be wimpy but $2.20 a gallon adds up.

• Sponsors (?)

I've tried both the excalibrator and the diablo and my mileage dropped only slightly with both. Im averaging about 17 mpg and thats 50/50 city/highway. So if your getting 22 id be real proud of that. I filled up this morning and paid $2.19 a gallon, but that lasts me all week. So why did you trade in the auto for a manual? Or was it just the vert that you wanted all along? Im just curious and they both look really nice.

I guess I'm just getting cheap in my old age, just wanted more. I've got a '03 supercrew that I was driving to work @ 16 mpg, so the stang helped in that case. I'm not realy looking to increase the hp, I dont do much street racing just like to smokem every now and again. Actualy I still have both cars but the auto is sitting at my dealers lot for sell. I have 2 people that really want it but they are trying to get me to give it to them :notnice: I wanted the vert every since I saw a pic of them late last year. Real glad I got one now.

REDFIRE VERT said:
Has anyone found a tune that will increase the mpg? With the gas prices going thru the roof right now, I think I will start trying to make it more economical to drive. The '05 auto I had got about 20 mpg driving to and from work everyday, the '05 5sp I have now gets about 22 as a daily driver. It would be nice to get better. I dont want it to be wimpy but $2.20 a gallon adds up.

Just wait until it hits $3 by the end of the year.