Exhaust clips on their way today!!

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
For what it's worth, i'm gonna be making a few exhaust clips today. I ran accross a nice guy in our car club who was give away some perfectly good Dynomax Race Bullets so i couldn't pass them up. They'll be going on today just for the heck of it to see if i like'em. So, i'm gonna record some new exhaust clips of the setup i have now, as well as with the Bullets. In the end i'm gonna try to make all the combos i can with what i've got which should be (all will be with the full lengths because that's the only headers i've got):

MAC Full lengths/Dr. Gas X/1 Chamber Flows

MAC Full lengths/MAC Pro Chamber/1 Chamber Flows

MAC Full lengths/Dr. Gas X/Race Bullets

MAC Full lengths/MAC Pro Chamber/Race Bullets

And then just for kicks, i'm gonna do just open X, open Pro Chamber, and open Full Lengths. I wish i had a few more muffler combos to worth with...i might see if i can borrow my buddy's MAC Flowpaths just for fun. Most people have heard all these combos before but i have a pretty nice camera and since i don't have a cam or any other really serious engine mods i think my car is a good canidate for sound clips. When you've got "X" exhaust clip on a stock car vs. a 10.5:1 compression 347 with a huge cam and a blower...they're gonna sound totally different.

So....stay tuned. This might take me most of the day to get accomplished and then get back home and get all the video cut up and hosted, but it's on its way :D

• Sponsors (?)

Nice, me and a friend might do the same one day. Both our cars have LTs and off road Xs. He has a little HCI motor and mines got a stock cam and E7s. The comboes should go like this on both a HCI and stocker...

SLPs
Spintechs
Mac
Flowmaster 2 ch.
Bassani
Hooker Max Flow

And any other muffler we can get our hands on before then!

Well.....the Bullets are on but the rest of the deal fell through...some other crap came up today :mad:

BUT, as for the Bullets....i'll post a clip of those later tonight. I'm a little unsure if i like them really. For starters, they only have one sound to them....LOUD...all through the RPM range. Second, they sound really deep, which is cool to some but it's not the sound i'm going for. I think i'm either going to get SLP's or Spintechs but we'll see.

I just put on some spintech pro street dumps with off road h-pipe and shorty headers. I have nice custom grind cam (nothing crazy)in a 331 stroker with heads, etc... I will try to get a clip for you. It sounds pretty nasty at idle and it actually may be to loud at wide open throttle. I am sure the local cops will like to speak with me.

Wow talk about your all time let downs. This thread is a complete failure...lol.

I got a clip, but my buddy is not camcorder proficient so the lens was closed during the video...so i had to make the best of it. I would've posted this last night but it took all night for Streetfire to get it ready. So, here goes nothin.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2cb5fc3f-e7f4-445e-9dda-98f80172f7ef.htm

Yeah i had to try to make it interesting since it was pretty boring. I didn't know where it host just a sound file so i figued i'd make some kind of video out of it so i could put it on streetfire.

I dont like the way those sound, but thats just me. The Bullets on my friends race cars sound good, but on street and weaker motors they just dont do it for me. Get the Flows on and post another clip, Im sure it will sound better!

I dont like the way those sound, but thats just me. The Bullets on my friends race cars sound good, but on street and weaker motors they just dont do it for me. Get the Flows on and post another clip, Im sure it will sound better!

Yeah i don't mind them at WOT but i can't stand them just cruising around town. I'll probably have the Flows back on this weekend with some pics of how i modified them.