Mach 1 Exhaust Ideas

Blue Mach

Apr 27, 2003
Celina Texas
I would like to change the exhaust on my 04 Mach. I want something that has a nice deep tone but I don’t want to have to yell when I talk on the phone or to others in my car. I have listened to some of the clips on mustangexhaust.com. The only change made to my Mach is a K&N air filter.

What do you guy’s have/like?
Should I go with a cat back or have them welded into my stock system?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The SLP Loudmouth doesn't sound deep and clean, just loud and annoying, sorry just my personal opinion. I love my exhaust system, and I have never meet a person who isn't totally amazed by the sound. People have actually rolled their windows down ay stop lights and told me my car sounds amazing. The system is loud but not so loud it vibrates your brains. With the Magnaflow system everyone turns their heads to see whats coming down the street, a truely amazing feeling.

Blue Mach said:
I would like to change the exhaust on my 04 Mach. I want something that has a nice deep tone but I don’t want to have to yell when I talk on the phone or to others in my car. I have listened to some of the clips on mustangexhaust.com. The only change made to my Mach is a K&N air filter.

What do you guy’s have/like?
Should I go with a cat back or have them welded into my stock system?

Thanks

It's not gonna matter too much what you get; it should sound good.....I mean one of my friends even said one time, you have to TRY to make a mustang not sound good. One thing though, I definitely prefer the sound of a car with cats rather than an off-road setup. The 'stangs i've heard with no cats sound a bit annoying because of the raspy sound, but thats just me. I just installed my exhaust Friday, and I like it a lot. Basically, I have a Borla Stinger catback system with a Bassani catted X-pipe. I ordered the Borla catback, and then a friend of mine practically gave me the X centerpiece of a Bassani X-pipe. I took my car up to the muffler shop and the guy gutted my front two cats, installed two high flow cats(Magnaflow brand) behind them, bent some pipe and welded in the X and of course welded on the Borla catback. It sounds awesome and it isn't too loud........

For a nice deep clean tone, there's no arguing that 2 chamber flowmasters will do that and of course they aren't too loud. But everyone has those and unless you get an aftermarket mid-pipe then they aren't gonna be much louder than stock. I had those on my '03 GT when i bought the car and it sounded good but wasn't loud.

Do it the cheap way....

Off road h pipe (MAC $129)for deep low sound....stock catback or add 2 chamber flows later if you wnat it louder.

Most power gains are made with Cat removal.

I added 2 chamber flows welded in at first and it wasn't loud enough....so I went O/R h pipe and now its really loud.

Mach428 said:
The SLP Loudmouth doesn't sound deep and clean, just loud and annoying, sorry just my personal opinion. I love my exhaust system, and I have never meet a person who isn't totally amazed by the sound. People have actually rolled their windows down ay stop lights and told me my car sounds amazing. The system is loud but not so loud it vibrates your brains. With the Magnaflow system everyone turns their heads to see whats coming down the street, a truely amazing feeling.

The only time it sounded really loud (and annoying maybe to others nearby) was on the dyno at WOT. Good in other words!

I started off with 2 1/4" Flowmaster 40's welded to my stock tailpipes.
The drone at 2000 rpms was awefull.

So I bought a set of 2 1/2" Magnaflow catbacks with polished stainless mufflers.
Damn. They were so quite the wife said I took the growl out.
And thats bad when the wife says that.

So I took the Magnaflow mufflers out and bought a pair of 2 1/2" Flowmasters and now its sweet.
Also the drone is not as bad with the 2 1/2" pipes all the way back. Oh, I also bought some 3 1/2" Magnaflow rolled tips.

Anyway, both pairs of Flows I bought off of Fleabay for $39 a piece. And yes, they were not clones either.