F/I or Carbed

Jeffspeed24

Dec 22, 2003
Hey guys.......2 questions
in the next year I am going to build up a 5.0 maybe putting a 351 in her if I Get Hard core.
the car will be only a weekend car.....no a/c or PS... but I want it legal on the road....i live in TN so are laws arnt as strict as CARB, but i just want to know is it legal to have carburated engines on the road still?
and if yes.........carb or F/I

• Sponsors (?)

Tenessee has no vehicle inspections at all. Metro Nashville has some type of inspection, and maybe one other city, but not the State. I live in Clarksville, and am putting the finishing touchs on my 93 Tbird with a carbed 393 stroker.

gettingclose.jpg

Attachments

• gettingclose.jpg
    gettingclose.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 64
Of course carbed cars are still legal. check out my carbed mustang on cardomain. Link is in my sig. If its just a weekend car, then you dont need the F/I. Carbed is much cheaper, and easy to work on. Its also not hard to convert from F/I to carbed. IT would cost less than 500 to get your fuel delivery system,carb,air cleaner,intake, FPR. Let me know what questions you have about the swap. Also, you dont need to worry about emissions so youll be fine. If you did, you could always get an illegal smog for like 100 bucks.

I am currently converting my 88 5.0 to be carbed. Block has beend bored .40 over, new trickflow heads, weilden intake, demon carb, etc. This may sound like a stupid question, but how have you hooked up the accelerator linkage? I picked an used one up off a 87 v6 and it attached to the carb on the drivers side. Is that the correct side?