Fan Problems

kjrockz

Sep 17, 2004
Mililani, HI
Is there anyway to keep the fan always on in my friends 90 Mustangs. Like a way to ground it out, so it just runs when the key is in the on position. I did it to my car, but I have a (dont hate me) Camaro. My tech site was really helpful with mine, I was just seeing if anyone on here knew what to do, and how to do it, like a guide.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Just ground the black wire...

it was my understanding that they already have a constant ground. Thats how it is in the wiring diagram. They are high activated, meaning the "switch" is on the 12V side. Apply voltage to it and it turns on.

if you could just ground it to have it on constantly that would mean it would have to have a constant 12V which it doesnt.

Correct me if I way off base here but this is how I've seen it while playing with the idea of doing my own manual fan switch.

I'm wiring a switch to the 12V side (Blue Wire on a '93).

-Ryan

I just finished wiring my fan yesterday. Mine was tempremental, it would work sometimes and not others. I have a loose/busted wire issue because when i would shake the wiring by the ignition coil it would work again. Eventually i gotta rewire all that to get rid of the problem but for now what I did was splice a wire into the hot side (blue wire) and run it to an LED inside my car that lights up if its working. If its not all I have to do is throw a switch to juice it up.

-Ryan