Finally, my blower install

Sounds like the heads lifted under boost. Torque them a little tighter and get that thing tuned before going nuts again! The pistons are nice and clean, and a little greyish... really lean.

• Sponsors (?)

PoopDawg said:
Sounds like the heads lifted under boost. Torque them a little tighter and get that thing tuned before going nuts again! The pistons are nice and clean, and a little greyish... really lean.

yep, im getting some copper head gaskets and ARP studs, they were being held down by ARP bolts but ive re-used em like 5 times and i have no idea how many times the guy i bought the car from used them. they could be stretched a bit. also the plugs did look a tad lean.

Copy cat. Here's mine:

stang008.jpg

stang009.jpg

woodyy24 said:
Its mostly done, i need to do a little rewiring and re-runing of the gas lines.
and i need to get some shorter crank bolts. my biggest problem is the accessorie belt tensioner. I had to cut the bracket to make way for the blower shaft. So i have to come up with some way to mount it elsewhere.

EDIT: the bracket where the tensioner used to be
000_1332.jpg

Yeah, I had fun with this setup on my stang. You need a pulley tensioner from a 3.8 V-6. Works perfect!

Attachments

• 000_1332.jpg
    000_1332.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 48
woodyy24 said:
yeah, :rlaugh: . me and my buddy watched your video a few times

Yeah, it was a cheap video, but I'm selling the car and wanted to get something to show it runs. This was the most difficult setup I've done yet. Holley doesnt' really make a direct kit for this setup....they just tell you it can be done...Glad you got the belt to work. What are you using for a tensioner?

Jason

woodyy24 said:
anyone have any suggestions on what head gaskets to get? are there any that will lower the compression a little?

I heard Cometic has got all kinds of thicknesses to choose from to adjust your c/r. I just bought a used pair of e7s for $50, but the mating surfaces are a little scratched up and they have to be resurfaced so this is prolly going to be the gasket for me to go for.

Good Luck

88 Fox GT said:
You can thank the carb for that.
Yeah, my next I'll keep EFI due to the government and the gas prices. We have a shortage, then explain why the gas station down the road is 20 cents cheaper. I guess they got less gas then the other...aholes!