finging a torque convertor??

• Sponsors (?)

Trav.....are u sure.......I went with a 2300 .....and it wasn't worth the time it took to install it...........with the NOS...or you new cubes to come....I would suggest a higher stall.......cough......Edge ....cough......:D
Will

higher huh....im undecided what to do....the motor is coming out this winter either to fix it up and do some small mods....or to begin with the big motor....money permiting :D and i will be switching to a c4 for the 408...i want to hold out on finishing the motor maybe till next winter...maybe i want to get my bodywork done this year...so i think i will tinker with this motor for a little longer if it lasts lol is it bad to sit on a partially assembled motor with no heads on it?? what should i do....if i had heads i would feel a 100 times better but the tarp trick is scaring me..what do i do??

go to a junk yard and pick up some cheap e7s clean them real good and stick the on there to keep junk from getting into it.

never done this but it ran across my mind if i had to sit on my motor for a while until money allowed further work to be done. and plus i got a set of e7s that came one the engine when i bought it.

no i'm still working on my supercharged 408w i ordered my stroker kit this past saturday and will be picking it up this coming saturday.

i went with a scat forged crank, scat forged h beams and probe forged pistons.

9.4 to 1 compression with a 70cc head and i plan on using edelbrock victor jr heads

i'm just on the ropes with wat intake to use.

no i'm still working on my supercharged 408w i ordered my stroker kit this past saturday and will be picking it up this coming saturday.

i went with a scat forged crank, scat forged h beams and probe forged pistons.

9.4 to 1 compression with a 70cc head and i plan on using edelbrock victor jr heads

i'm just on the ropes with wat intake to use.

sounds nice are you going injected?? if so i would look into either a edelbrock victor intake or a holly systemax 2 ...both are nice intakes...but i dont remember what you have to do for a lower intake on the holly...:shrug:

yeah i'm goin injected but i was worried about the power range of the victor jr intake it is supposed to kick in at 4k rpms.

i just dont know exactly wat i need for the supercharger and i dont want my car to be a slug till i hit the higher rpms

but i'm still researching lol

well a charger is nice but idleing the motor is probley going to be a task ....i cant think of the guy on here with a 410c.i. he has the victor intake i would ask him how it runs at lower rpms you could always get the middle intake that edelbrock makes its good from 1500 to 6500 and i dont think you want to get your engine revving to high over that anyway

FWIW the right stall speed should be matched to the engine peak torque, engine torque curve shape and vehicle weight. In general, the stall speed would be 500 to 700 rpm below peak torque. So your probably right with the 3000 rpm stall speed.

i see i just want this combo to be a little better before i rip it all out...then i am stuck with all these performance mods and no use so i guess i should think do i want to spend money on this trans when its got less then a year to be in the vehicle?? :shrug: