:( First Race

I'll be a man about it, and post what most won't.... I lost

My first race, guy said first to 100 mph and the we're done...so who's to say
he's at 100??? dunno. but that's how we did it.

It was a 98-99?? Z28 Camaro (i think maybe an auto, and know it's got stuff done but i won't build it up, cuz i don't know what all there is)

I had the best start, then my 2-3 shift sucked balls :bang: and he started pullin on me. ended with him 1/2 to 3/4 of a Car on me.

Looks like need to work on my shiftin, deff feel i can pull on him 1/2 car maybe a whole car length if shiftin well.

Thought i'd share... sorry to dissapoint ya'll by falling to a Camaro... :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

WhiteStallionGT said:
Dude if he was stock, you should have been able to man handle him.

A stock 1998 Z28 LS1 Camaro is trapping in the low 100mph with corresponding mid/low 13 second times from the factory. And if the guy has any work done to it then he could be flirting with 12s pretty easy. In street trim.

I think you did pretty good by hangin in there. As soon as they start picking up speed, LS1 > 5.0 on the top end. I think your stick work is alright considering that you jumped him off the line. A full HCI 5.0, with a good tune, is still going to have its work cut out when racing even a mild bolt on LS1.

With your setup I bet you're seeing 260-270ish rwhp with a dead nuts tune, which is perhaps a little higher then a stock auto z28 would see. 305hp stock, so -22 percent drive train = about 240 rwhp, and LS1s are notoriously underrated. If he has worked it at all then he will catch up to you real quick, especially in the top end where the stock cam takes a dump.

Even stock, you shouldn't expect to "manhandle" the z28.

adam

WhiteStallionGT said:
Well maybe I was over exagerating a little bit. But if a Mach 1 with only gears can take a stock LS1, than a 5.0 with heads, intake and a KB would be able to also.
I don't know if he has a Kenne Bell, I see that his sig. say a "1995 KB GT," but it also says "U/L GT40 Intake." Any clarification on this one xkuntrycowboyx?

Ha, sorry guys, i should rewrite my sig.... it's a 95 Kenny Brown GT... he's like Roush, but in Indianapolis Indiana.... i appologize for the the way i wrote that.

soo... no , no kenne bell, if i had some money, maybe! ha, but im just a poor country boy in college.

98-99 arent THAT fast you did about how I would expect, now the 02's with the different intake manifold is a different story. My best bud with an 02 z28 6 speed ran a 12.8 off the show room floor. Those cars are way fast but I like ours better I mean u gotta look at the technology difference, all aluminum blocks, extremely underated power wise as stated before, and most important they have 48 cubes on us. U did alright man:nice: My buddy just ordered nitrous cause I pull him now haha, guess its time for me to one up him with a blower or turbo!!!