Flowmaster super 40s....anyone heard them yet?

OK, im doing side exit system on the big block this weekend, all 3" stainless into SS tips angle cut to match the body lines. Im going with some kind of flowmaster for this setup, i have original 40s, but im after a DEEEEEEEEEEP sound, so i think the super 40s are the way to go. Lemme know what yuou guys think, and has anyone heard these on a built motor at all ?

• Sponsors (?)

Twista said:
1 chambers loud and raspy.. no tone, but i love them.

If you want really really really deep than do MACS.

what do you mean by no tone are they really loud and raspy,I hope that they dont sound like SLP cause I had the whole catback but I toke it off and had the loudest 40's they sell put on my old flowmaster catback cause it sound like a farm truck with the SLP.

I was rumaging through my 100s of exhaust clips on my computer and found the sound that made me fall in love with flows all oiver again, Im splurging for the super 40s after hearing this clip, its a 440 mopar mildly built, super40s with tails, so mine should be even louder....

I mean just listen to how frikin deep this is, its perfect, and loud, and flows better then the original 40s.....I'm sold:

Part1:Click here to watch super-40s-part2-on-the-built-440-mopar

Part2:http://media.putfile.com/flowmaster-super-40s-on-a-built-440-mopar

I can't quite tell from the vid, but are they about as loud as the original 40s but just deeper, less tinny sounding? Sounded great though, should sound pretty mean on my car.

Heard some delta 40s (quiet ones) on a blown 440 today at my buddies house, sounded insane, not too loud, but super deep.

I've heard that the super 40s flow even better because of the bigger case and gen. 2 delta flow.

stykthyn said:
magnaflow is great. borla makes top quality stuff, but they are too quiet IMO. from what I have seen the magnaflow pieces last longer than flows.

borla stingers are far from quiet, and I think any muffler with no cats behing a big block is going to be plenty loud. My borlas used to be quiet, but as ive put more power through them they have gotten louder and louder, they are loud enough to set off car alarms at WOT with just a h/c/i 302.