Foglight installation costs?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, never did it myself, but my friend had one done. He had two pay two hours for labor, but it might be because they were not the GT takeoffs (but they are similar in shape). The shop had to take of the front bumper and such to get everything right. Then they also had to get the wires in the cockpit. I suggest you go get a quote. If it is more than one hour of labor, then don't do it. Unless of course you can do it yourself somehow.
The foglights are a cheap $65, but if they cost $120 to be installed I don't think it's worht it. I mean your headlight give you enough vision, plus all you get is a 'cool' look at nite. If I was you I would save that money, or spend it on a mod that improves performance.

i got mine from autozone for 14 bucks, including brackets and stuff...
It didnt take that long to install, pretty standard. I have 0 recolection of how long, maybe an hour?
Obviousely the kit we bought wasnt for the stang, but we measured the area, etc, and got a damn good fit

(OH NOOOEEEES! sloppy on the wiring on that foglight, ill tie it down with sumthing, a red wire is showing... but u cant see it in that pic, i had another but its not uploading, ivalid format and im too tired to btoher now...) Btw my front chin spoiler just came in today, maybe ill install it after dinner...
The stang is looking pretty agressive from that angle...
and no, my car isnt parked on the grass, it just looks like that, no way my pop's big white van gets precedence over my stang!!

Attachments

• Foglights1.jpg
    Foglights1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,692
dont' pay someone

if you have any intelligence you will be able to install them yourself. I bought GT take offs for my 2000 mustang and i had them properly installed in 2 hours.......haven't had problem w/ them since

Ditto....... Don't take the car to ford....they'll PIITB. The only problem with installing the foglights is the wiring. I didn't want to run wires inside the passenger compartment, so mine are tied into a relay and then tapped into my running lights, so my fogs come on when my running lights are on.....constant. There are no wires to run inside the car and it works essentially the same with any kit you buy out there, as long as it's 12 V.

Ah, mine are run through my passenger compartment and into my awesomely kool ashtray switchboard! (i now have a much cooler looking cigarrette lighter, although i dont smoke, (not like i could legally anyway), its billet alum like everything else in my car with running pony!

Attachments

• 2 002.jpg
    2 002.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,823
Ghostalker said:
Ah, mine are run through my passenger compartment and into my awesomely kool ashtray switchboard! (i now have a much cooler looking cigarrette lighter, although i dont smoke, (not like i could legally anyway), its billet alum like everything else in my car with running pony!

That's awesome as hell :nice: