Fool Injected?!?!

Chadsy

Oct 4, 2003
Jefferson City
I was curious. I've got a 95 mustang and got a few mods. They are MAC Shorty Headers, Mac CAI, BBK 56mm TB, Steeda TriAx, Flowmaster Duels, and a 73mm Pro M Mass Air. I was wondering when I would need to get new fuel injectors or if I already need them now. Everything seems to be running fine as of now. And just how many lbs do the stock injectors flow? Will I need a new chip/burn or will the stock chip notice larger injectors? If anyone has any advice please let me know. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Your doing fine. Those squirters will provide plenty fuel for your setup. Getting bigger injectors would be a waste of fundage.
I can't remember if sixers got 19lb or 14lb injectors. Either way, they're fine.

I know the pre 99 have 14lbers, and I beleive the 99+ have 19lbs. Unless you do a cam and head swap or power adder of some sort I wouldn't worry about fuel upgrades. The stockers should provider enough fuel.

GREENBIOCH said:
I know the pre 99 have 14lbers, and I beleive the 99+ have 19lbs. Unless you do a cam and head swap or power adder of some sort I wouldn't worry about fuel upgrades. The stockers should provider enough fuel.

My 99 stang originally had 21lb injectors/maf combo...

Stock from the factory...

I was talking to Pete at fordchip and he said if you go really large (for example 42#)....the stock computer will continue to try to pull fuel to keep from being so rich all the time. If your injectors are too large for the tune in the EEC, the computer won't be successful, and it'll run like poo.