Ford Tech/Wiring Help needed

MATRIX4.6

Nov 25, 2005
I bought a really ridiculous mod for my car, Train Horns....yes those. And I have all of the wiring down except the load wire from the stock horn. I am installing a switch to flip between horn and HORNS and need the guidance of a tech or someone with wiring experience particularly in the horn/steering column area. Thanks in advance for this odd request. I will post audio once completed.

• Sponsors (?)

-_________________________________-! i dont know what else to say....

So what your are saying is you have no idea what I am talking about and felt like sharing just how vacant your intelligence really is?

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

- A. Lincoln

"he who keepeth his mouth, keepeth his life. He who opens his lips to widely brings forth his own destruction."

- Ben Wade

"Your Car Sucks"

- Me

:lol:

Damn lol sorry man but i have to ask. Why would you want train horns on your mustang?

I guess you would be unique thats for sure lol. WIsh i could help i do hope you find the help you are looking for.

I bought a set for my truck and it wasnt loud enough so I bought another set for my truck and thought I would put them on the car... Seriously it can't be worse then putting a hitch on a mustang.

Most circuits in the Mustang go through the 'Smart Junction Box'. Which means the horn button only sends a pulse to the SJB which will in turn switch on the horn relay. What this means is that it may be easier to switch the output of the relay (hot wire on the original horn) than to try to wire under the dash or at the SJB. You should be able to use a SPDT (single pole, double throw) toggle switch to direct the power to whichever horn you prefer. The switch has 3 terminals. Disconnect the wire from the original horn and connect to the center terminal of the switch. Run one wire from the original horn to either of the remaining switch terminals. Run another wire from the train horn to the remaining terminal. To locate the switch inside the car you obviously have to lengthen these wires and route them to wherever you locate the switch. This should allow you to select either horn with a flip of the switch. The only problem I foresee is if your train horns pull a lot more current than the original horns. If this is the case you may have to add an additional relay to the circuit. A higher current could burn out the contacts on the factory horn relay so check the horns current ratings. Burning out a horn relay isn't fatal but could be expensive to replace at your friendly neighborhood Ford store. Good Luck! :D

Dave T.

LOL. I know but I have an extra set now and plenty of idiots that can't drive in the city I live in so I figured, if the shoe fits....

and for those that want to fight, well I will just make sure I carry my Chuck Norris tee shirt with me at all times. :D

LOL. I know but I have an extra set now and plenty of idiots that can't drive in the city I live in so I figured, if the shoe fits....

and for those that want to fight, well I will just make sure I carry my Chuck Norris tee shirt with me at all times. :D

i didnt want to fight i just expressed my opinion in a dumb way so sorry for that hehehe.. hope we are ok :eek:

One2One, I have already called in a favor with Mr. Norris. It is imperitative that when he arrives that you tell him you want to buy a Total Gym before his roundhouse brings down your house!