ford thunderbolt????

• Sponsors (?)

There is no thunderbolt truck, there was a thrunderbolt fairlane I believe back in the late 60's but they were EXTREMELY rare and were dedicated drag cars. Sounds like your buddy may have some aftermarket tuner truck or something. Ford did have a "Boss" package out a year or two ago on its trucks which was pretty much just a sticker and paint package.

I know somebody was making supercharger kits for F-150's a while back and called it either Thunder or Thunderbolt. It was supposed to be a type of Lightning clone I think.

Killercanary said:
There is no thunderbolt truck, there was a thrunderbolt fairlane I believe back in the late 60's but they were EXTREMELY rare and were dedicated drag cars. Sounds like your buddy may have some aftermarket tuner truck or something. Ford did have a "Boss" package out a year or two ago on its trucks which was pretty much just a sticker and paint package.
ya thats what i thought....they only made em for part of 1964, and they were really rare...one of the guys at etown has one that is tubbed with a 488 bbf, c6, and slammed like an inch off the ground.....its an absolutely gorgeous car!!!

haha yeah i know what the origional thunderbolt is, but this is a ranger truck.
scott had it right.
Scott_95GT said:
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/stories/slp/slpthunderbolt2003.html

I remember a local Ford dealer had some 1 or 2 years ago. They are nothing special.
i searched for a while on google and found that it's just a dumb exterior package/minimal performance package. i thought it was kind of like the typhoon/syclone thing. now i'm disappointed :(