Found a good spot for picts!

Hey guys,
I saw this spot over the winter and have wanted to take some picts with the car. Finnally got it out of storage yesterday and snapped a couple before the sun went down. Still looks alright for the factory paint, (except for the front GFX, which has been painted twice).

I am buying a house in the next 2 months and looking forward to getting a garage back after 5 years of apartment life. After that the motor comes out for some work, and maybe new paint. I can't decide about keeping the GFX on, or going back to the LX look. 52,000 miles, and it still looks pretty much like I bought in 1993 on the outside. I bought some Steeda Ultra Lite wheels, but didn't like the look after I bought them, so back to the drawing board on those, but I know I want something different than what everyone else has.

View attachment 461427

View attachment 461428

View attachment 461429

• Sponsors (?)

I didn't get to take any new picts of the rear yesterday, lost light a little soon than I thought because of clouds. But I took these last fall.

When I bought the car I did some research and found the GFX in the Xenon catalog, the guy I bought it from couldn't remember what they were. Xenon doesn't make this kit anymore, it now looks like the GT rear, but it used to be either this rear or the cobra style, which I like better. The pipes are not supposed to stick out that far, and I have since moved them back in. They stick out about an 1" to 1.5". The holes are not cut, they are a french style, that forms back into the car, but because the pipes are sticking out you can't see that very well here.

Alot of people don't like it, I didn't at first but it has grown on me. Just wish I had the cobra style instead.

View attachment 461390

View attachment 461391

Refering to the tailpipe photos......

I took these last fall.

The pipes are not supposed to stick out that far, and I have since moved them back in. They stick out about an 1" to 1.5". The holes are not cut, they are a french style, that forms back into the car, but because the pipes are sticking out you can't see that very well here.

Oh and Thanks to former president Clinton and his new library you can now get down to this bridge. it will soon become a pedestrian bridge. Althought the new library looks like a damn trailer house.

Any comments on the car or what you might do?

Yeah, I think the 5-spokes look the best on these cars, I just want something different than everyone else is doing. So I have been looking at aftermarket stuff instead of the Ford Production or Reproduction. After having the Steeda wheels on I liked them, but they just didn't look as good as the SSRs, (same wheel design) that Almost Stock have on his. I think the darker silver on those wheels, compared to the bright silver on the Steeda's makes a big difference, especially on the red car. So I am now leaning at staying with chrome or a dark silver. Maybe the ROH Sniper I think it is.

Someone had some nice Boyd wheels on their car on here the other day, so I am open to any design as long as it looks good. My wheels, while hidden in the picts are peeling and pitting, so they are needed. I will also need to change out the rear axles and probably move to a new brake system, as mine is currently Lincoln axles and rear discs. So they stick out. Those wheels on there now are 16x7 with a 38mm offset, crazy setup, but back in 1991 there was no SN95 stuff.

Your car looks very clean and well taken care of. I just cannot get around that kit and wheels. Maybe the kit would grow on me but just not a fan at all. If it were my car I would take off the kit and put on some different wheels. Great spot for pictures BTW.