Fox Body And Window Louvers?

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by Makdaddymac, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Makdaddymac

Makdaddymac New Member

guys ive been searching for about 30mionutes for window louver pictures or anything for a 87-93 mustang. i found a plastic one for a coupe?? on American muscle i would think a hatchback would look better than a coupe if at all..
    i see them for sale for the rear on ebay for big money but my main gola is to see side window louvers if they exist i cant even find a pic! i woul like to see what a foxbody with rear and side louver look like! at least just the side since ive seen a few rear ouvers on a hatchback.....
    help..
    btw, i cannot believe how bad the 05+ mustang flood the after market parts. fox stuff jsut doesnt pop up like it use too!
  2. GTOreturns

GTOreturns Active Member

I don't ever remember seeing side window louvers on a Fox. :shrug:
  3. Turkey Sammich

Turkey Sammich I can't fap normal. I cracked a rib, then my ankle

I've never seen them online or irl. :shrug:
  4. Makdaddymac

Makdaddymac New Member

ok so side ones have never been done?
    iknow its a big quarter window? but look at the 05+ mustangs, which also have a very large window. so someone has never tried or produced the side louvers?
  5. Makdaddymac

Makdaddymac New Member

don't completely disagree. but you never know?
    i would like to see some pics of some foxes with the rear louvers or something. i love the look on the older cars and yes even on the ever so playing out s197's....
  6. Beasty306GT

Beasty306GT Active Member

i personally like the look of the rear window louver on the fox...gt hatchback look the best..i was thinkin of gettin one too..but i dunno...it is old school
  7. ID89GT

ID89GT Active Member

There is a silver hatchback in the town next to me that has the rear window ones. I drive by it almost every day. I think it looks really good.
  8. LiquidGT

LiquidGT Member

I fathomed this before, if they do it something like this in black it might work. :shrug: I cant imagine it looking good any other way, and I have a pretty vivid imagination.
    [​IMG]

Now if they were painted, scoop design, or louver design then I'm kinda sure it would look like booty. :puke:

I think the quarter windows are one of the coolest design features on the fox; aero and four eye. Personally I wouldn’t mess with it.
  9. Aaron

Aaron Member

Louvers look great on GT's :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bryan83taco likes this.
  10. Beasty306GT

that looks nasty.....can you see out the window
  11. BK_CAULEY

BK_CAULEY it's built for speed not longevity, woman

NASTY!!! where is lynn with that ban stick. your crazy man. lol aaron car is beautifull. i would give up any fox i have or ever had for it.
  12. Beasty306GT

NASTY mean LOOKS SICK guy damn...i got a gt i like the way it looks bro...apparently u dont know lingo words
  13. Aaron

Aaron Member

Nasty? Hope you are saying that in a good way!
    Can see perfectly out of the back window. The way they line up against the window, they are very thin so you lose almost nothing. I like them!

Thanks man but there are a LOT of cars on this site MUCH better than mine. Hell, I haven't even done a mass air conversion on it yet...lol
  14. BK_CAULEY

BK_CAULEY it's built for speed not longevity, woman

my bad.
  15. Beasty306GT

16. Aaron

Aaron Member

I bought the car 6 or 7 years ago...something like that. Wasn't looking for a T-Top car. Hell - when I found it, I didn't even know T-Tops existed on 87-88 Stangs!
    As for washing the car, that is the only problem with having louvers. It cleans up no problem, but you have to unscrew the bottom of the louvers and lift them up to dry the window (the louvers are on hinges so it's not a huge deal). It's my only complaint with having them, but it's a minor complaint.
  17. 1990_LX

1990_LX Member

I don't think they would look good because the windows are so big...the s197s can pull it off because the windows are so much smaller. They look good on the back but on the sides..not so much. Not to hijack but what do you think the fake vents on the older foxs are worth?
  18. leroy93lx

leroy93lx Member

19. 85_SS_302_Coupe

85_SS_302_Coupe it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end

I sometimes buy Mustang Monthly magazine which caters mostly to the classic Mustangs. There's always this add about window louvers and they do list '79-93 hatch AND coupe aluminum louvers, but i've never even heard of quarter glass windows for ANY Fox. The '79-86 sail panels were supposed to mimic or at least be a throwback to the old window louvers..so that's about as good as it gets.

Besides has anyone seen that car that has the quarter glass filled in with metal? It looks like complete crap. Rear louvers are one thing but i wouldn't even bother with side louvers even if they were available.
  20. fallenangeldave

fallenangeldave New Member

hi im new here but ya'll was talking something about side window louvers and i have seen something like them but they do not cover the window just the black part behind it if u want to take a look here is a youtube link. and the times in the video with the louver type side window. 1:45, 5:45, 6:00. like i said this are just a type of louver but do not cover the window part.
    YouTube - Ford Mustang Foxbody Picture Slideshow