FRPP Borla Stingers installed

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by jberylec, Aug 25, 2006.

1. 1fastTbird

1fastTbird Founding Member

I ordered mine through Livernois last night at the price was $415 shipped.
  2. PDXStangDude

PDXStangDude Member

They're on and they are awesome. Like music to my ears!!!

The clamps were a pain in the buttock.
  3. 50bomber

50bomber New Member

Hmm, Borla Stingers, Heard them at the track :nice: But if you wanta an exhaust that's like aural sex get IMCO. Just the other day I had a guy in a 1970 396SS Chevelle Ask me "Son you Got a Big block under the the there?
    At WOT it sounds like a pack of grizzly bears gargling with Mobil 1 :crazy: :hail2: Man I love!!! And the price is right, ninosport has it for $329 free shipping. The thing about the chambered mufflered choking the flow is not true! My car dynoed, 274hp/294tq with just IMCO/S&B and no tune so you be the judge of the efficiency. Every time I take the car to the track I get compliments on the sound of the exhaust :nice:
  4. 1fastTbird

I do indeed hope they sound nice. I can't believe that I just paid $400+ for a pair of mufflers with tips. And I am very picky about the sound of exhaust on a Mustang. Hopefully they live up to all the hype.

I have heard the IMCO extreme axle-back soundclips online and they do sound mean. I think they look and sound very similar to a flowmaster one chamber. I wish more companies would build their chambered muffler kits out of stainless. $300+ for aluminized mufflers is just as rediculous as the $400 I just paid for the FRPP mufflers.
  5. viridian

viridian New Member

I agree. I felt a little sick after paying $400 for the Borla/FRPP axle-backs, but they've been worth every penny so far.

I've gotten a lot of compliments on my exhaust, and I absolutely love the sound. I've had Magnaflow and Flowmaster exhaust before, and I've been disappointed, but not this time around!
  6. pypesexhaust

pypesexhaust Premium Sponsor

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Which Violator's did you get? regular stainless or the polished 304 stainless version? We are counting on most people really liking the polished mufflers being visable. I agree that the plain mufflers would be a little nicer unseen.
  7. abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue Founding Member

i got the unpolished ones, even if they were polished i still dont like the way the new mustangs show the mufflers. pypes makes a cylinder type muffler the racepro maybe? how about making an 05 axleback with it. should get some magnapack, stinger, slp guys to switch. i know pypes makes a quality exhaust i had a catted x on my 03.
  8. pypesexhaust

Showcase:
    Albums:
    ok, fair enough. We are working on a system that utilizes the round Race Pro(M-80) However, we were designing it to mount under the floors to try and get that 04' and older sound. Therefore at the very back of the car there would be a muffler delete Axle Back. So you wouldn't see a muffler.
  9. BlueBossS197

BlueBossS197 New Member

When do you guys think you will have this system done? I love the sound of the underfloor systems of the 04's and older. Maybe you guys could put a set of violators down there and i would take it up immediately. I have your guys street pro polished right now, and love the deep sound it gives out at idle. sounds like cam-in-block engine of old.

and do you guys have any intention of making long tube headers?
  10. pypesexhaust

Showcase:
    Albums:
    It will probably be a while. That system will probably be sold as a cat back. X pipe, M-80 mufflers, midpipes and muffler delete axle Back. We're currently experimenting with the sound changes when comparing catted vs non catted. I would estimate late Fall before we would actually start shipping.
  11. Green Machine

Green Machine Founding Member

Steeda UDP's Installed - Stingers Deeper Sounding

WOW to the 10th power :D

Had the Steeda UDP's installed today - crank and water pump.

The motor has awaken!!! This motor pulls like crazy. I base that on a comparison with my 94 GT. It had 285 rwhp / 311 rear wheel torque. The 3 valve is stronger, and pulls harder. Wow, what a difference the Steeda UDP's make! If you have not purchased them yet do it, you will not reget it!! I can hardly wait till cooler weather gets here so I can get a dyno done on it.

Stinger fans, it's louder!! :nice: Just driving normal it's deeper and more aggressive, especially at WOT. On the way home from work, I passed a new 06/07 yellow and black Roush Mustang convertible. Looked awesome, but my exhaust got his attention when I floored it going by him. Later when I stopped at a light he went by me in a turning lane ,and the Roush exhaust sounded good, but no where near as good as the stingers. :hail2:

Dewman:nice:
  12. 1fastTbird

My Stingers arrived today and I just finished installing them.
    Comments:
    1) The install was very easy and I was able to do it by myself with a bad left shoulder. If you have another set of hands, I can see installing the whole setup in a half an hour.
    2) The set-up is lightweight and compact. Good news on these heavy cars.
    3) The tips are BIG. They are borderline Ricer BIG, but they look decent in the cutouts.
    4) Sound: I really don't like the sound of most straight through type mufflers, but after hearing many sound clips and reading hundreds of positive comments, I took a gamble on these. The gamble paid off. The sound is exactly what I was looking for. Note: These mufflers to produce a fair amount of drone @ 1700-2000rpm. Easily as much as 2 chamber Flowmasters on a SN95. If you don't like drone, you might want to look into a milder sounding setup.
  13. PDXStangDude

PDXStangDude Member

I fixed it for you!! :D :nice:
  14. jberylec

jberylec New Member

15. 1fastTbird

Thats how I was able to deal with the drone on my 5.0L. :D
    I think most buyers would love the sound of these mufflers and won't have an issue.