fuel filter

• Sponsors (?)

there's a fuel kill switch in the truck. unplug it and turn the car over and it will die... this will empy most of the fuel out of the lines. on the casing around the fuel filter, there are some tabs that hold the filter in place... just bend them back. It's a fairly snug fit... just tweak the casing alittle until you're able to slide out the filter.

98CobraClone said:
you need a special tool, you can buy it for 3-4 dollars from autozone, and it works on both fuel lines and A/C lines. The clips only secure it, however it is locked on internally and the tool releases it

IF you don't have the tool, you can slice a piece of a plastic lid or something similar (eg spray paint can lid) with a thin, flexible cylindrical shape and slide them underneath the lines that hook onto the filter to disengage the locking tabs.

Either the 95s are different that yours or you guys are talking about something else. In my experience a fuel line tool is not need to replace the fuel filter. The lines on the fuel filter are just held on by c-clamps and a fitted sleeve.

Fuel filter is about $20, I think, and it should take about 5 minutes to change -- depending on how long it takes to get the car in the air, and all you need is a flat head screw driver.

02ponypackage said:
good....cause i would hate to pay 80$ at the dealership...i rather do things myself as i always do...i just dont bother with the oil changin because i rather not make a mess on the driveway or w.e

$80? The Ford dealership where I get my oil changed changes my fuel filter every few months and it only runs like $22.

Well Florida has a bunch of crooks out here....the rob every1....good thing my dads been working on cars since he was young because so much money would be waisted on simple S hit if he didnt teach me how to do things.............but neways i gota head out now for some brake pads and fuel filter.......got some new rotors coming in so i figure change everything at once......