Fuel pump install Review

kpack5982

Yeah, it was pretty stiff, but eventually a buddy
Jul 13, 2005
Granger, IA
Well I replaced the fuel pump on my 93 over the weekend and it went well enough I suppose. As the first time doing anything on one of these cars, it took longer than it shoulda. We had trouble getting the damn locking ring off of the pump, but with some good wacks with a bunch and a rubber mallet it finally broke lose. Turns out it wasn't even the pump that was bad. The fuel hose from the pump itself to the 90 degree line that comes out of the tank had a hole in it. How the hell does that happen?

Anyways, in short, car runs like a raped ape!!!!!!!! Had a permagrin since Saturday. Unfortunately the starter went bad, but lifetime warranty on it so got another one in on Sunday and for $0.00!

Man I forgot how much I love that car!

• Sponsors (?)

I know the feeling. :nice: I broke a lifter on my '90 a few years back. Since it's not my daily I put off fixing it for the longest time. I eventually got tired of looking at the car sitting and decided to get'er back on the road. Needless to say, after the first drive I was kicking myself for putting it off for so long. What a blast. It's difficult to put into words but, even though I don't drive it as much nowadays, the second I get in I feel "connected" with the car again. It's amazing how these cars can be a PITA at times then all it takes is a rip around the block to rekindle the ole flame.