Full Coverage Insurance on Classic?

TxFrog1999 said:
I checked Hagerty but it appears they really only want to cover show cars, not daily drivers... but the quote of $94 a year blew my mind! :D I think I'll call State Farm and USAA when I'm ready and see if I can't come to an agreement on value and milage.

Hey, they give me 10,000 miles a year. Do you think that they think this is just a show car? Hell, the photos they have on file show the car in primer.

Even if you look at rates from your standard car insurance, there is a good chance that they say you drive it under 10k a year to work or school near your home. The agents usually do that because it keeps the rates reasonable, and because there is no way that an insurance carrier can prove your motive for driving the day you were involved in an accident.

I have never had a claim where they questioned the use of the car.

• Sponsors (?)

yes but

Ozsum2 said:
Yea, that is the price for some "S" cars here. Course, his is a Mach by name only with those mods.

The data plate still says it is an M code 69 Mach I. I could have bought a Boss 302 for about that kind of money. But it still would have been a 35 year old car with 35 year old components and 35 year old performace. I built my car to get exactly what I wanted: classic looks and modern performance. Over a 1/4 or 1/2 mile, my car blows the doors of most European cars including all but the high end Porsches and the prancing horsies. The moment I swapped from drum to disk brakes, it was no longer a "real" Mach I anyway. Still, the car is much better with the disks than with the drums and I have peace of mind that I have enough "Whoa!" to match my "Go!" There is really nothing to go wrong with this car as it is essentially new where it counts. There are about 1000 classic mustangs here in the Benelux. I see many of them on the side of the road every saturday during spring and summer with the hood up or on a jack. I don't have to worry about that.