Fuzion's Engine bay & H/C/I Progress Thread

Fuzion

May 24, 2005
Virginia
I've been Collecting parts for my h/c/i upgrade for over a year now, so I decided to start a progress thread of my work for other to reference. I was planning on taking care of all of the work in my apartment’s parking lot but I didn't even last a day without the property manager coming out and threatening to file a complaint about my behavior. So after a lot of convincing, a buddy of mine is letting me use his garage for the entire build. To pay him back I got to build a concrete foundation for his new hot tub, help him install a procharger in his lt1 camaro and some other projects around the house.

So Anyways,

My Car: 87 LX, no option car, 107k miles.

project1db0.jpg

Towing it from my apartments to the garage:

notchproject005da3.jpg

Stang with my daily driver

project5nc3.jpg

Where all the work is going to be done:

notchproject014iq7.jpg

No time was wasted, dove rite in.

projectbz9.jpg

project4aw6.jpg

Have you guys seen a speed cable that sticks out like this? my friends 89 LX doens't have all this hanging here. his cable goes straight into the firewall.

project2vf3.jpg

project6et2.jpg

Ok, so she is going to receive the Trick Flow Street Top End kit, with 30lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, 80mm Pro-M, and 70mm throttle body. Along with that I bought a 3g alternator kit and I'm planning on going with an electric fan. Exhaust will be the same, ford racing shorty headers, o/r h and the bassani catback.

This coming weekend the block is coming out, I’m going to paint it black, replace the oil pump, pump drive shaft and reseal the block. Once that is complete I plan on sanding down the engine bay cleaning up all the harnesses by hiding them and painting the bay gloss black.

My vision is simple for the bay: black intake with black valve covers, black bay with accents in silver... like all the accessories.

Any comments welcome, thanks for looking.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm going to add this thread to the "Official Progress Threads" thread for easy finding. :nice:

Thanks Frankie

The shot of your car in the garage really shows the clean lines of a notch. I love how "sedate" a coupe body looks in factory stock trim.

I look forward to the progress. :nice:

Wow man you sound like a poet. Gotta keep that Foxbody love Alive!

nice! i have never seen a speedo cable like that, and i've worked on A LOT of mustangs. what is that piece the cable plugs into? usually it goes straight to the back of the speedometer

I've done a little more thinking about this, the car had no options from factory but when I bought it in 05 it had dealer installed A/C and cruise control. The A/c and Cruise were not installed in the traditional way, it had the cruise device in the engine bay in the MAS sensor location, I was forced to delete the cruise when I converted to MAS air. The a/c compressor was installed in the stock location but the a/c lines were routed in front of the upper intake instead of behind it.
So my conclusion is that what ever is pictured above probably has to do with the dealership installed cruise control. I'm thinking about purchasing a 140mph speedo cluster so if I make the change I’ll try to see if I can get rid of it.

Thanks for the comments.

oohh ok, that would make sense since cruise control works off of the vss and if your car didnt come factory with cruise, it probably doesnt have a vss.

It all makes sense now, when I replaced the speed cable i had to purchase the one for a non cruise. So, i'm planning on figuring out how that vss adaptor is hooked up and removing it then I should be able to connect the speed cable directly into my new 140mph speedo. Cenok, thanks a lot for your help on this.

SteedaGT9150 said:
should be fun man, keep us updated. pm sent

Replied to your PM.

UPS Delivered today.

Dropped off my new oil pump and driveshaft, a/c delte braket, 255lph fuel pump and a set of R&M wire loom brakets.

Pic:
parts007oa6.jpg

Going back to the garage this weekend to try to get some work done.

Well, Saturday was a big waste of a day thanks to hurrican hanna. We were planning on finishing some of the concrete work i promised my friend on saturday but coulnd't cuz of the crazy rain we had. So we had to push everything back, i was really planning on having the engine out this weekend :notnice:. All i was able to do was clean up the accessories.

Pics

Primed:
paint001jl4.jpg

paint002cg2.jpg

paint003et5.jpg

Painted:
paint005sf2.jpg

paint006zb5.jpg

paint007df9.jpg

Ohhhh how much is that top end kit anyway. I want it :(

the trick flow kit from summit costs around 2500.00 shipped. i ordered mine on monday got here on wednesday. you can't beat summits customer service.

Gotta love boxes and boxes of TFS stuff, lol
Gorgeous car, btw.

Yea openning all this stuff was like xmas at my house.

Awesome man! New paint in the engine bay, with black and silver engine peices is gonna be sick! Get a nice silver/polished CAI tube and you'll be set.

Im kinda torn as to what CAI to use, i really dont want to spend a huge amount of money on one cuz i am planning on going turbo within the next couple years.

what are my options? its gotta fit a 80mm mas and 70mm tb. i was thinking about a c&l.
thx for the comments.