Gasket or seal?

CivicEater

Jan 29, 2004
I am totally done disaambling......I finally got the head bolts with tons of wd and I had to get a 1/2 drive set with a longer handle to get them. I am just glad Im done.:).....NOW for reaambly, I am looking on advanced auto parts site for a water pump gasket and a timing cover gasket.....I am findin that there are water pump gaskets from pump to cover and from cover to block....wouldnt the cover to block be timing cover gasket?? And under timing cover I am seeing gaskets and seals.... which am I wanting here? Thanks again I should be done tuesday night:)

• Sponsors (?)

Just get a timing set from fel-pro and it will have the seal for the cover, the pump to block gasket, pump to cover gasket, and the oil pan repair seal stuff. You want TCS 45450 and it will have all the gaskets that you need.

CivicEater said:
They sell that set at auto parts stores? Or am I gonna have to order it offline and wait for it?

They got them on the shelf in all the stores. Just tell them you need a timing gasket set for your car and they will sell you the entire thing. It's cheaper than getting them seperate and comes with all the gaskets.