Gears!!!

If your rear end ends up with shavings then that wouldn't be the gears!!!
It would!! but the problem with have to do with the bearings slopping around.

Any play at all when it comes to gears with my experience!!! Will cause things to wear even faster...
For what i'm getting it for will be temporary anyways untill i reach enough HP to switch to a bigger rear end.
I would imagine that what ever has been built or is used alll or none of the time regardless has a weak point.....

You just got to find it!!!!! :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Thanks for all the input!!!
Plus i just got me a set of 4.10's for 50.00 on ebay just waiting for response about shipping. Can't wait :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

so if you were to get a set of 4.10's for a 7.5 rear, (or any rear for that matter) what do you need to install them? Is it just basically a straight forward swap? i dont know anything at all when it comes to rear ends and gears

You will need a dial indicator guage with a magnetic base to dial in the gears and A few other basic tools (air compressor, impact wrench, and other air tools. go to mustangsunlimited.com and buy their kit. it is a $250 kit with everthing except axle bearings and an oil seal which you can pick up form any parts store for like 7 bucks. the axle bearings may not even need to be changed, I didnt have to change mine.

grey5.0beast said:
You will need a dial indicator guage with a magnetic base to dial in the gears and A few other basic tools (air compressor, impact wrench, and other air tools. go to mustangsunlimited.com and buy their kit. it is a $250 kit with everthing except axle bearings and an oil seal which you can pick up form any parts store for like 7 bucks. the axle bearings may not even need to be changed, I didnt have to change mine.

thanks for the info..i found that bossracing.net site, its instructions are for the 8.8..but would i be wrong in thinking it might not be too far off for the 7.5?

I have over a hundred runs on my 5.0 with a 7.5, most of that with 4.10's , a traction lok, and Drag Radials. Best is 12.93 at 104. It's run 7.80's at 90 on spray, in the eighth, with 1.8 sixty foots. I have not broken a 7.5, but I took one out, a 3.08, with a chipped tooth, and a 2.73 with a slightly galled cross pin. I have a total of 265,000 miles on 3-7.5 in rears in another car.

With a 2.3, turbo included, I would not worry about the 7.5, until it was convenient to upgrade. Especially if the turbo does not hit the tires hard at launch. That said, I do have an 8.8 that I have run once and that is going back in soon. And yes it is noticably heavier than the 7.5.