Get rid of my first Stang??

Emysterio

Founding Member
Oct 18, 2002
Texas
For the first time ever I am thinking of getting rid of my 87 LX. Its my daily driver and my first Stang but the truth is its in terrible condition and is pretty much falling apart because before I bought it the car sat up for like 6 years. Even if I had the time money and know how it would still be a big job to undertake. So I was thinking I need a Stang that would be reliable and get good gas mileage and not look totally ragged out. So after a quick search on autotrader I find a very nice looking 89 LX 2.3L , which looks to be in great condition and has little things that get me excited like a working fuel gauge, parking brake dome light etc, prolly sounds sad to get excited about little things like that. It also has an automatic transmission but thats fine with me. I just want to be able to get back and fourth to work and the occasional trip to the city and one other great feature is an AIR CONDITIONER!! which I have lived without for a long long time and the dealership is asking $1795 for the car. I wonder if I can talk them down to at least $1400 or $1500 and try to put down a few hundred bucks as a down payment and trade in my 87 LX which I imagine I could get $300 or $400 for it, but the only thing that worries me is that my credit isnt the greatest. So thats my plan and I am thinking of trying for it this weekend because my girlfriend and I are moving into a new apartment soon and I need something more reliable for work considering there might be a little one on the way soon :D and as long as I am driving a Stang I will be happy. So does anyone think that I am stark raving mad for thinking this plan might work or do you think I have a shot? Sorry for the long post but I am just venting because I have nobody to talk to about this at the moment. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

could work out, but remember all auto 2.3's are time bombs..the auto tranny just bites the big one outa no where. I under stand about the whole "falling apart thing". My stang is always in need of attention....i just choose to look at it for what it is, a car that was built 17 years ago that needs some TLC..but one day, this fox will be a classic :)

My '90 Mustang is parked right now and I don't know what to do with it either. It was my daily driver, then I got my TC so it became my winter driver, but it hasn't been running to great lately (some kind of gremlin I could never chase down) so I got a Tempo to drive during the winter. And now I don't know what to do with the Mustang. It's in too crappy of shape to sell, but I don't have anywhere I could park it and just take parts off and then junk what was left without having my mom bitch about it. Ahhh what to do, what to do...

well that just sucks...what ya shold do is go find some cheap ass car and rebuild the stang...then give it to your first kid as a school car.

Thats what iam doing with my first stang ov course its gonna look like an svo if I can figure out some stuff :)