Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread went from

2043_fail_camera_Fail-s500x420-10287-580.jpg

to

thread-delivers.jpg

In just a few posts.

Well done.

Trying to bring back some of the good old days of 4.6 talk!

• Sponsors (?)

Here we go camaro vs mustang fight I own a mustang cobra a 98 corvette and a 95. Z28. There's a reason an ls1 guy would say that the engine is a monster. Alli was saying the amount of power he's going to need would be cheaper to sell and buy a newer mustang. Doing power adders decrease the longevity of an engine no IFs ands or butts. Adding 50 hp to an engine and doing nothing internally will cause a bigger problem then he may want on his hands.

Not to sound like a dick but, you really should do a little more homework before making a claim that power adders decrease longevity. They do nothing more than MAKE MORE POWER when properly tuned and maintained LIKE ANY OTHER VEHICLE. Maybe you would like to explain to me why turbo diesel engines last longer than non-turbo diesel engines? My 98 z28 went through 3 engines within a 100,000 mile period..naturally aspirated (piston slap, worn rings , spun bearing etc...) My 03 GT has 95k miles with a power adder and it screams for more. My whole point is that you saying, "Doing power adders decrease the longevity of an engine no IFs ands or butts." Ruins your credibility at best! BTW, my power adder has sacrificed ZERO driveability....if anything its added it!

Reactions: 1 user
GEEZ, maybe i should be worried about my 2011 ecoboost and all the "handicapp and decrease in longevity" from having two turbos all while i out tow, out power and out mpg every other halfton truck on the market LOL WHAT A JOKE!

Well that wasnt my point but if you want to keep this post going and going in circles. Fine. So if i added a 150 more hp ( via supercharger, turbo,) to a stock gt engine and did nothing else to the car your going to tell me it will be fine. Nothing would fail before its time due to the added power. Nothing? Theres a reason the 03 and 04 cobra engine has forged internals.

1)Pretty sure the ecoboost was designed to handle you know what boost. Just as the 03- 04 cobras were. I guarantee ford would have never released the ( ecoboost ) without making sure it would last more than 150,000 miles. 2) The reason turbo diesels last longer is because they make more power at lower RPM than their naturally aspirated counter parts.1)Plus 97-98 ls1s don't count they were still working out the kinks. Just like ford was in 99-01 cobra and 2003 and 4 Mach1s ( spun bearings and all )

Well that wasnt my point but if you want to keep this post going and going in circles. Fine. So if i added a 150 more hp ( via supercharger, turbo,) to a stock gt engine and did nothing else to the car your going to tell me it will be fine. Nothing would fail before its time due to the added power. Nothing? Theres a reason the 03 and 04 cobra engine has forged internals.
If tuned properly, NO! Nothing will happen. Yes , the rods have their limits but if kept under 450hp there should be no pre-mature failure. Inproper tuning or greed are the reasons theses engines fail with power adders but to randomly make the statement that power adders cause pre-mature failure is not correct.

1)Pretty sure the ecoboost was designed to handle you know what boost. Just as the 03- 04 cobras were. I guarantee ford would have never released the ( ecoboost ) without making sure it would last more than 150,000 miles. 2) The reason turbo diesels last longer is because they make more power at lower RPM than their naturally aspirated counter parts.1)Plus 97-98 ls1s don't count they were still working out the kinks. Just like ford was in 99-01 cobra and 2003 and 4 Mach1s ( spun bearings and all )
Still working out the kinks????? Are you a chevy fan ? The LS1 is a pushrod engine ! OHV engines have been around forever, what kinks are there to workout? There are no kinks, just :poo:ty craftsmanship.

Saying 97-98 LS1s dont count is like saying NPI motors dont count...they were still "working out the kinks"

I'm sure he does everyone always has a freind, and his engine is completely stock internally to right And the most work you did to your car was probably rims exhaust and an air intake. So you probably don't have any experience building power out of an engine at least properly. If he put that much power through his transmission after about two passes if he gets that much he would need a rebuild. I can see it now the never ending bs thread my friend this my friend that. No I , because if a person actuly supercharged there engine and added 100 more hp to a 150,000 mile engine they would need a new engine very shortly that's why.

I have 85k on my car. 52k of it with the supercharger @410 rwhp. Hundreds if not thousands of red line pulls and in no way is my tune safe. I beat on it like it needs to die. Completly stock internals.

And the reason why they make more power is due to the forced induction....kinda helped my argument out! All these people saying that power adders kill a motor faster have been watching too much fast and the furious. ANY CAR NOT DONE PROPERLY WONT LIVE LONG.

hey everybody i recently bought a 2001 gt that i have been wanting for the longest time and i have a bbk intake 75mm throtle body and trick flow neck and i am still geting burned by a full car lenght by Z28 an SS camaro and pissing me off! any performance or parts tips/advice?

Obviously, I'm way late to the party and now this thread isn't even about what the OP was asking anymore. Still, I feel obligated to point out that it doesn't seem like anyone ever asked what kind of race we were talking about. If this race is heads up from a dig, an '01 GT can take out an SS with just gears, suspension, and tires. Ask me how I know. ;)

I believe the video is still on facebook...

Obviously, I'm way late to the party and now this thread isn't even about what the OP was asking anymore. Still, I feel obligated to point out that it doesn't seem like anyone ever asked what kind of race we were talking about. If this race is heads up from a dig, an '01 GT can take out an SS with just gears, suspension, and tires. Ask me how I know. ;)

I believe the video is still on facebook...

Yeah... this thread has outlived its usefulness.

/The end

Status
Not open for further replies.