Fox Getting Painted So Happy

Front end back together, Dave, This is my place, no paint booth just a lift.. although i have been tossing the idea of setting up a makeshift booth in the back, lol... ATTACH=full]556172[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 20160503_200340.jpg
    20160503_200340.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

so: with normal driving my side body kit moldings keep popping out of the metal clips on top. my metal clips are brand new so its not that , i think the moldings themselves are just a little out of shape from years of being on the car wrong.. i was thinking ide just put a bead of caulk in there push the moldings back on and hopefully that little adhesive will be enough to keep them in there.. but im concerned caulk wont be strong enough. anyone have any other thoughts?

Which molding are you speaking of? Door? (Pic)

I'd lean more towards 3M molding adhesive strips. Take the molding off and put it on. It's like double sided tape. Then reassemble. maybe replace clips too.

Reactions: 1 user
so: with normal driving my side body kit moldings keep popping out of the metal clips on top. my metal clips are brand new so its not that , i think the moldings themselves are just a little out of shape from years of being on the car wrong.. i was thinking ide just put a bead of caulk in there push the moldings back on and hopefully that little adhesive will be enough to keep them in there.. but im concerned caulk wont be strong enough. anyone have any other thoughts?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't use caulking! Please! Someday you'll want to take that moulding off, and then it's a pain in the as* to clean up. Post a picture! Let me see the problem. I'll try to help with that.

Reactions: 1 user