Getting rid of mach 460

My car is a 2000 GT with the mach 460 sound system, i replaced the head units about a month after i got the car now i want to remove the rest of it. I want to take out the rear box under the back window that holds the amps and speakers and also run the front tweeters, door speakers, and rear speakers off the head unit without having the harness's i have now. First question is after i take out the rear box, will a 6x9 fit in the hole under the grills in the rear decklid? What is in the cars without the mach 460? Second question is since i only have four speaker outs on my pioneer head unit how would i go about wiring up the front 4 speakers? I will have a total of 6 speakers 2 tweets, 2 front doors, and 2 rear 6x9's if they fit. I want to get rid of the rear box so my sub box could tuck up under the rear deck more and i could have my trunk back again. Thanks for any info.

• Sponsors (?)

When you replace the front set of speakers, you need to replace it with a component set , that is tweeters in the little pod near the mirror and midrange speakers in the door. Then that one set of speakers (1 tweet+1 mid in the door) will work as one speaker. So your 4 sets of wires from the head unit will be fine. Hope that makes sense...