Got around to spicing up my interior

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
I picked up these babies last weekend and installed them. Leather feels nice. I love that they were a direct bolt in. They are from an 02 GT and the color isnt that far off which makes me happy too. Plus, the drivers has full 6 way power and lumbar!

IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Good stuff! The leather looks to be in great shape :nice:
I'm in the process of deciding how I'm going to restore my interior, but I can't afford anything extravagant right now. I wish I had the grey/black interior like yours, gives you so many more options than tan/black gives me.

Good stuff! The leather looks to be in great shape :nice:
I'm in the process of deciding how I'm going to restore my interior, but I can't afford anything extravagant right now. I wish I had the grey/black interior like yours, gives you so many more options than tan/black gives me.

Paint it black. thats what I did.

That dye from 50resto matches EXACTLY. I work at a paint store and match paint everyday, I would know. The sheen is perfect, and so is the color. I would recomend getting a black console, door panels, and door sills though. The will scratch easy.

I would recomend getting a black console, door panels, and door sills though. The will scratch easy.

:stupid:

I have a console out of an '03 Mach. It was satin black, so I had to paint it the darker black to match the '95 interior. After 9 months you can see where my thumb rubs the console when I pull the e-brake up cause it's satin again. I need to respray it.

BTW, I still have the stock black console, just taking up space.

I picked up these babies last weekend and installed them. Leather feels nice.

How comfortable are they compared to your old seats?
I put in '99+ seats, and I hate to say it, but my stock seats seemed more comfortable. Too bad they were cracked to hell and looked like garbage. The new seats do look better; gotta love having the pony on them. :nice:

How comfortable are they compared to your old seats?
I put in '99+ seats, and I hate to say it, but my stock seats seemed more comfortable. Too bad they were cracked to hell and looked like garbage. The new seats do look better; gotta love having the pony on them. :nice:

They are different feeling more firm than my old cloth seats, but then again they have less than half the ass time. I dont quite sink into these like i did my worn out cloth seats. I like being able to use the power seat again.

They are different feeling more firm than my old cloth seats, but then again they have less than half the ass time. I dont quite sink into these like i did my worn out cloth seats. I like being able to use the power seat again.

I never did like the stock seats, but that probably becasue mine were torn to **** and there was a big metal piece sticking out on the left. But I love my summit seats, they are soft on the bottom, and firm on the back. I would have loved some '04 Cobra seats though. :)

They are different feeling more firm than my old cloth seats, but then again they have less than half the ass time.

I just think the newer seats have less padding or something.
Even the cloth seats in my '01 V6 felt more cushiony than the leather seats in my sister's '01 V6. I don't know. :shrug:

On the topic of leather seats, is there a way to keep the side bolstering on the left of the drivers seat from cracking so quickly from getting in and out of the car?
I always try lean forward when sliding in so I don't put presure on it, but I don't always remember.:bang:

On the topic of leather seats, is there a way to keep the side bolstering on the left of the drivers seat from cracking so quickly from getting in and out of the car?

That is already a little worn down on these seats that i bought. I guess ill just try to keep them conditioned and soft as much as i can.

Also for anyone in the future reading this the wireing was pretty easy. The stock seat connector has two wires one positive and one negative the. The new 99+ seats have a four wire connector two negative and two positive. I went to Radio Shack and bought a new two pin connector set. Cut the old stock power wires off and pinned them into one side of the new connector. Then on the 02 seats i wires the two positive together and the two negative together. Then put them into their corresponding pins on the new radio shack connector. Plugged it in and it worked perfectly. :nice: