got my 5.0 FINALLY

bvav22

Jul 1, 2004
Michigan
well after 4years of waiting with the 4banger i got a 5.0. 1989gt 55k original, white with red, red is actually in great condition although its not my fav. has 3.55 gears, some kind of cam, but the guy doesnt know wat kind, he bought it off of a ford mechanic who didnt give him the full specs. tinted windows, title says its a cobra gt. only thing i dont like about it is it has those ugly holes someone cut into if for the exhuast pipes, but otherwise its in great great shape and i love it. :)

dont have many pics right now but ill get more when i pick it up this weekend\

158475420.jpg

View attachment 461320

Attachments

• 158475420.jpg
    158475420.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Sponsors (?)

not bad.. thats a canadian car.. means someone had brought it back to the homeland at one point :D looks good though.. get some rims, a rear bumper and start moddin

ya i knew the stuff about the canadian car, really the only thing is the exhuast, otherwise it runs and looks great. sounds mean.

question, it has keyless entry, which works fine, but the power locks on the driver side door do not work. how would i go about fixing something like that?

bvav22 said:
ya i knew the stuff about the canadian car, really the only thing is the exhuast, otherwise it runs and looks great. sounds mean.

question, it has keyless entry, which works fine, but the power locks on the driver side door do not work. how would i go about fixing something like that?

i faced the same problem,,,if the lock set & actuators are old, they'll go dead one by one i changed the lock set, and then the actuators gone dead, so i replaced them as well.. its better to get new ones the lock set e'll cost you around 105$ full set, 2 doors & trunk, the actuators e'll cost you like 75$ each...
or you can always go to the scrap yard....:D

nice car man good luck!!

ok so get this, today when we went to get papers signed and what not. he shows us the title and some papers from the guy he purchased it from. one paper, which is just a typed paper about the cars specs, claims that this car, the gt "cobra" is one of a FEW cars that were experimental cobras. they used this car to as a cobra starting point. they did however take off the experiment "parts" but left the 3.55 gears, exhuast, 160mph speed, 5.0 prepped for police interceptor, and some other odometer stuff. but man i was so excited, my aunt works for for she is gonna try to find out more stuff on it if she can

bvav22 said:
ok so get this, today when we went to get papers signed and what not. he shows us the title and some papers from the guy he purchased it from. one paper, which is just a typed paper about the cars specs, claims that this car, the gt "cobra" is one of a FEW cars that were experimental cobras. they used this car to as a cobra starting point. they did however take off the experiment "parts" but left the 3.55 gears, exhuast, 160mph speed, 5.0 prepped for police interceptor, and some other odometer stuff. but man i was so excited, my aunt works for for she is gonna try to find out more stuff on it if she can

PROOF!

Measure the diameter of the sway bar...

Check the tag on the chunk...

Show the Speedo...

and then I won't say :bs:

well i can really PROVE much, my aunt is gonna try and see what she can find out, i can show you the speedo which is 160mph, there is no way i can prove it has a diff cam, it does have the 3.55 gears, and a bigger fuel pump, i have the original also. but ill have pics sometime tomorrow