Got to get this off my chest...

• Sponsors (?)

in addition to them undervaluing my stolen car (and someone explain why fair market value is not the same as what a car sells for? cause if that is true then it needs to be called something else...) i have spent 80 bux in gas running errands for them, $25 in charges to get old receipts (Thanks Mustangs Unlimited!) and $20 I'm going to have to pay for a new title (I could just pay $10, but then I'd have to wait 6 weeks.) I literally spent 2 days calling every place I knew trying to get old receipts for them to hurry the process up. Mind you they asked for these receipts 6 weeks after the claim was filed. 8 weeks in, despite them knowing that all of my records were destroyed in the house fire that they also covered, they tell me before they'll get me a check I need to provide them with the title.

I'm not going to talk numbers for the settlement, but I'll say it's significantly larger than the first offer they made which was less than I paid for the car! And yet, still less than what similar cars are selling for in the area.

Unfortunately, it's to the point now where you *have* to get an attorney to be treated fairly by insurance companies.

Sorry for the rough year you are having. Hope things start looking up for you :nice:

I hate All-State. I hate everyone in the company. I have now been screwed by them twice this year. No I don't feel better, but darn it I said it.

I got screwed over by Nationwide years ago on a property I owned and the land and concrete driveway were sinking into the ground bad. I told them when I bought that policy "cover me for anything and everything", well your not covered for that I was told. Finally sold the place for close to nothing just to get it off my hands.

A few years ago they did pay for water damage from a storm that collapsed a second floor cieling, the same estimator showed up and I guess figured we can't screw this guy twice. Then my next insurance bill went from $480 a year to $780. They said my house was/ should be valued at $178K, allmost twice what it was insured for.

They may in your case be looking at, first the house burns, then car is stolen, hmmmm, the home office may be thinking somethings up:shrug: If you think they did you wrong, look at some of the Katrina survivors, they stuck it to them but good.:bs: Thats the way they work, they'll screw you over if given the chance.

A similar thing happen to my friend several years ago. He simply refused to accept their offer. He presented them with classifieds for similar vehicles and told the insurance company to buy one of them for him. Of course, they wouldn't do that. The negotiating drug on for several months but they finally gave in and paid the going price for the vehicle.

Allstate has been infamous for this kind of behavior for many years. When a tree fell on a car in my home town, Allstate declared it an act of God and refused to pay.

Allstate has been infamous for this kind of behavior for many years. When a tree fell on a car in my home town, Allstate declared it an act of God and refused to pay.

Yea, boy do they love to blame God for about anything that happens!
I'd hate to have worked for Allstate on Judgement day:rlaugh:

Just a humorous thought here, but I wonder if they tell Muslims the same thing, "it was an act of Allah, sorry can't pay"
Then watch them try and calm the guy down when he starts telling them that he is going to declare a Jihad on Allstate:rlaugh: Bet they'd pay right up.

Nice vert their rsev216!:nice:

go with progressive if you can.

my wife hit a cow on tuesday, the claims guy came out and totaled the car on wedsday, the tow company came on thursday, and I had a check worth the KBB value on Friday.

I car shopped all weekend and was driving by monday. I cannot say enough good stuff about them.

....my wife hit a cow on tuesday....

Okay HM; there's gotta be a story in that. Please please open that up in a new thread! :hail:

I live in the most redneck part of the Sonoran Desert; there are more cattle raised here than in most other states; and I haven't seen or heard a good "ran into a cow" story in ages.

This must be better than the "direct exhaust injection" story making the rounds of the "Internet Car pages".

EDIT: I have had [crap] experiences with both Allstate and Progressive.

Allstate: Was the passenger on a friend's Harley when a snowbird blew a stopsign and pulled his Winnebago "Brave" (Class C) in front of us - about 15 feet in front of us! :eek: Cop (that was following behind us) ticketed the 'bird; but Allstate (the 'bird's insurance) insisted they weren't paying because it had to be my friend's fault! Allstate (my buddy's insurance) insisted it was the 'bird's fault - so they weren't gonna pay to fix the bike and cover his trip and my trip to the Hospital either! This went on for a solid week; 'til Rod's agent finally got both claims guys on the phone and said "Hey! You stupid (eff)-ing) morons!" (I was there and I heard it myself)
Still took a month to get it paid off.

Progressive: 18-y.o. gets drunk, blows a stoplight; and tries to drive his S10 through the back seat (passenger side to driver's side) in Mrs StDr's Tempo. Totaled the car, totaled the truck; wife is out for 10 weeks with back injuries that are still giving her trouble 13 years later. (She rolls her left shoulder and it sounds like an F150 4x4 with bad CV joints on both front axles) Progressive IGNORES the citations (Failure to Control, DUI, Leaving the Scene, and Minor Consumption) "their insured" received and tied it up d@mn near forever trying to prove that my wife ran the stoplight because she was drunk 5 minutes after leaving her job (CCRN) in the Recovery Room!
I no longer hate all ambulance-chasing lawyers; because one of them finally got the car and half her medical bills paid off!
Okay, State Farm (our insurance) also went after Progressive on the car, eventually.......

not much of a story. She got off work at 11:30 pm last year. It was dark and rainy, the cow was black. Plus there was some jackass in the opposing lane who had stopped and put on his brights. Apparently he wanted to illuminate the cow so other people would see it.

well, being that it was dark out, and rainy, and the cow was black. Coupled not being able to see due to the blinding bright lights. My wife ran smack into the cow. I was at the fire station and my wife called me crying saying she had wrecked the car. I got her to calm down and I drove out to see her. I found the impact point, and 15' of skid marks.

It was easy to see what had happened. There was the skid marks, then a bunch of broken glass and cow poop. I could hear the cow moo'ing in the distance, but I could not find it due to the darkness and the color of the cow. The insurance guy found out whose cow it was the next day. They had butchered it already. Thier insurance was farmers, it took almost a year for them to decide that it was thier clients fault, we got an unexpected check from them for the deductable.

the honda had a cow shaped dent in the roof, it had rolled up the hood and windshield and when she hit the brakes it rolled back down.
My wife has PTSD whenever she see's a cow when she is driving.

I would switch companies for my bike and my '01 GT but every quote I get is double or triple what I currently pay. And no, I've have not had a crap ton of tickets
I've had 2: a bogus one from Cobb county 7 years ago that doesn't even appear on my DMV record anymore; 1 from Wisconsin 2 years ago for (I kid you not) 11 mph over that I got while in uniform, driving a rental with the family in the car one leave from a deployment leaving a wedding - the fine was higher than the bogus one I got for a high speed in excess for the other one and Wisconsin doesn't share their citations with other states so my insurance company doesn't see it.

I like lawyers, insurance people make them look so much more fun.

Thanks JDS68Stang!

I like your idea. It's time for an Allstate jihad! :crazy: Praise be Haggerty!

Last year Burger King came out with an ice cream cone and one Muslim guy said the swirly writing on the cone wrapper looked like it spelled Allah on it and threatened BK with a Jihad so they did away with the wrapper,lol, true story.

This BS goes a bit to far sometimes that its actually getting funny.

Last year Burger King came out with an ice cream cone and one Muslim guy said the swirly writing on the cone wrapper looked like it spelled Allah on it and threatened BK with a Jihad so they did away with the wrapper,lol, true story.

This BS goes a bit to far sometimes that its actually getting funny.

Unfortunately, (speaking form experience) those guys aren't joking and they don't consider it BS. They really WILL kill you.