Got to love Dodge trucks!

• Sponsors (?)

Think about it. 8 cylinders vs. 6 cylinders. The Cummins only has 6 rods....therefore each one will have to withstand more abuse than one from a DMD or PSD. OF COURSE THE RODS ARE BIGGER!!!

Rednecks :nonono:

Trucks are good for a purpose (hauling, towing, plowing). Not for trying to rip off frame members of other trucks.

Every brand of truck has had it's problems. Maybe you forgot about the wonderful automatics Dodge had that only lasted about 40,000 easy miles before needing to be replaced.

You're right that deisel trucks rock tho.

SeventyMach1 said:
Think about it. 8 cylinders vs. 6 cylinders. The Cummins only has 6 rods....therefore each one will have to withstand more abuse than one from a DMD or PSD. OF COURSE THE RODS ARE BIGGER!!!

I was going to point this out last time he posted the pic, but didn't bother. If you don't get that right off the bat, it's hard to get you to understand by explaining it. The Cummins motor is a great motor. The rest of the truck however, is still a Dodge (very breakable).
Brandon

pleasehelp said:
Saw those vids. I'm really thinking about getting a deisel ram later on. Oh, I must share this pick again.
View attachment 506019

I just recently left the world of diesel performance and i must share somthing about that pic. Those arent duramax and psd rods, those are 6.5L rods and old 7.3L idi rods, so the comparison really isnt fair. Also, the dodge winning in those vids won for 1 reason, traction, the other trucks are spinning their tires, if a truck start smoking its tires, your stang could pull it around.

Leeroy697 said:
I have to say that every new Dodge ram owner I run into around here is a dick. They think that they have a race truck and that its some sort of show car. Pisses me off. I really love it when they try to race my stang.

Dodge trucks try and race you're stang? I have a Lightning and I've only had one or two in two years ever try and goad me into racing. Not worth my time. If the SRT-10 pulled up alongside me, I may oblige though. :D

lxfiveo said:
Dodge trucks try and race you're stang? I have a Lightning and I've only had one or two in two years ever try and goad me into racing. Not worth my time. If the SRT-10 pulled up alongside me, I may oblige though. :D

Ya I see them driving around here every once in a while. I have yet to see one get on it. I would love to race one.

Cobra_Dusten said:
Also, the dodge winning in those vids won for 1 reason, traction, the other trucks are spinning their tires, if a truck start smoking its tires, your stang could pull it around.

I was going to say the same thing. It is basically a traction contest.
The vid where they are pulling the white Ford is the biggest group of dumbasses I have seen in a while. I was just waiting for that towstrap to snap and both trucks to go flying into a crowd of drunk rednecks.