GT500 Blower

• Sponsors (?)

I think it would take a custom intake manifold and all the plumbing to make it fit, I haven't heard of anyone doing it. I think it would probably be cheaper to buy the FRPP whipple setup.

It's a lot cheaper in my scenario, which will be virtually nothing. The only investment will be time and a little money for possibly GT500 fuel pumps and gauges.

It's going to be going on a TVS set-up, of course minus the blower.

I tried doing some research into this a while back when I first got my S197, but yielded little results. If you do make it work, please let us know. I know you can pick up those stock GT500 superchargers for dirt cheap. If you can find a way to get it to fit on the 4.6L, I know I'd be interested in hearing about it!

I tried doing some research into this a while back when I first got my S197, but yielded little results. If you do make it work, please let us know. I know you can pick up those stock GT500 superchargers for dirt cheap. If you can find a way to get it to fit on the 4.6L, I know I'd be interested in hearing about it!

Well, you'll be seeing results in 1-2 months. :nice:

You are talking about three separate things here, and it is confusing.

1) The blower itself.

2) You need an intake manifold.

3) You need all the plumbing: Heat exchanger, coolant pump, fuel rails, new injectors, new plugs, new IPTS sensor on furl rail, etc.

TVS means "Twin Vortices Series" which is the design of the lobes inside the blower. It is still a Roots type blower, but it has a little more twist to it like a screw type system has.

You need ain intake manifold that fits on a 4.6L engine (unless you drop in a 5.4 like a GT500 has in it).

The blower and the intake manifold need to be designed for one another - the intercooler must match the putput capability of the blower. A bigger, hotter blower needs a bigger intercooler.

I do not believe you can just take a GT500 blower and intake manifold and drop it onto a 4.6, but I don't know.

more

I think that by the time you are done building it and trying to tune it would be cheaper to go buy a new 4.6 Whipple. Also, you would have to tone it down so much, because it was designed for a 5.4, that it would become inefficient.

Nasty has mentioned in other threads he is working on it right now. :shrug:

I have been and my car was just finished and has been tuned. It's a beast now !! Some things changed and as of right now I decided to go a different route. It's not because I can't, more along the lines of a better opportunity came up and I took it. So with that said, the car does not have a GT500 blower on it but it can be done, it can't be done cost effective unless you know a lot of people though.

I'll be posting up a thread with pictures, graphs, etc in the next few days. I might even be at the NMRA race at Bradenton with the car. I just don't know if I can make it ... I've got a lot of little stuff to get done on the car.

You are talking about three separate things here, and it is confusing.

1) The blower itself.

2) You need an intake manifold.

3) You need all the plumbing: Heat exchanger, coolant pump, fuel rails, new injectors, new plugs, new IPTS sensor on furl rail, etc.

TVS means "Twin Vortices Series" which is the design of the lobes inside the blower. It is still a Roots type blower, but it has a little more twist to it like a screw type system has.

You need ain intake manifold that fits on a 4.6L engine (unless you drop in a 5.4 like a GT500 has in it).

The blower and the intake manifold need to be designed for one another - the intercooler must match the putput capability of the blower. A bigger, hotter blower needs a bigger intercooler.

I do not believe you can just take a GT500 blower and intake manifold and drop it onto a 4.6, but I don't know.

I don't think you understood what I was doing correctly. I was getting the complete Roush R2300 TVS kit and just not using the blower (headunit) in exchange for the GT500's Eaton M122. It can be done. The blower (headunit), like I said before, will have to be machined slightly for some changes but it can work.

as for the original question, you could probably just take the roushcharger numbers (380ish RWHP) and add 30-50HP for the bigger blower (M90 to M122), my guess would be in the 410 RWHP range with the stock pully.