GTE-650 project

SN65

Oct 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
With the SN65 project winding down, we are considering ideas for our next creation.

With that said, here is a link to what we are considering.

http://sn65.com/GTE-650 story.htm

While the overall concept is going to be up for debate, we do have a few items nailed down.

First: This is going to be a group build. I am looking for 10 courageous individuals (all with 65 or 66 fastbacks or coupes) who are willing to follow along step by step and build an exact duplicate of the project in their very own garage.

Second: The project is to be completed for a group meeting at the 2007 Columbus Ohio Good Guys Show. That gives us a year to complete the project.

Third: Budget. We are going to keep the budget to a minimum, but I expect that materials will run right around 40K when complete (you may even have some of the required materials at hand if you have a project car in the works right now). Also, while we are going to make every attempt to keep all tasks achievable by the average hobbyist, you may have to pay for services that are beyond your level of expertise.

Forth: ALL CARS WILL LOOK IDENTICAL TO EACH OTHER. There may be some leeway in regards to drivetrain selection, but all exterior and interior modifications are to be identical on all 11 cars. If you are hard headed (my way or the highway), if you are set in your ways, if you cannot play well with others, then this may not be the project for you.

I think it will be quite a site when all 11 cars roll into the 07 GGCS. If that doesn't turn some heads, I don't know what will.

If you are interested, just drop me a line.

Bob

PS: We already have a couple of people interested. If you think this is for you, please get in touch with me ASAP.

• Sponsors (?)

I read the info about the project. Are you planning on sticking closely to their design? I wish I had the time, money and know how to join you as this sounds like another great build.

Best of Luck to all those that join in.

Hmmmmm, '65 A-code coupe sitting in my driveway.......... (it'll be back in the garage soon).............. rotisserie found awaiting purchase.......... Miller 135 welder, Dewalt chop saw, Dewalt 4" angle grinder, Plasma coming soon, 300hp 302 w/ '69 351w heads ready to go in corner, Liberty modified Toploader, Lakewood, Vert-i-gate, '57 9" rear end.........

Is the $40k if you have no fabrication skills? I got skills......

gonzothegreat said:
I wonder how much Ferrari is going to sue you for using the name ENZO :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

anyway, good luck into that project, I am sure it will turn up fine like the SN65.
Any sketches that you can show us?
I might have to change that. Although, they would not get much if they do sue me, it is pretty hard to squeeze blood from a rock. :)

1320stang said:
Hmmmmm, '65 A-code coupe sitting in my driveway.......... (it'll be back in the garage soon).............. rotisserie found awaiting purchase.......... Miller 135 welder, Dewalt chop saw, Dewalt 4" angle grinder, Plasma coming soon, 300hp 302 w/ '69 351w heads ready to go in corner, Liberty modified Toploader, Lakewood, Vert-i-gate, '57 9" rear end.........

Is the $40k if you have no fabrication skills? I got skills......
Hi 1320,

I am basing that price on someone who only has the basic car. The 40K would cover new drivetrain, body panels, etc...

If you have these items ready to go, then the price will be quite a bit less.

Bob

There's a car you should check out. I tried to look for it but I can't find it. It's a classic roadster that's powered by a a Ferrari 550 engine. I thought it was a 32 Ford but I'm not sure. The guy also modified the nose and what not to make it look more Ferrari than Ford (or whatever make). Really cool car, but I can't find it.

Hi GTG,

Yes we accept and encourage international partisipation. That is everyone except the Cubans. It is not that we personally have anything against Cuba, but U.S. trade restrictions make it difficult to send and recieving materials, etc... :)

Bob

I know you'd like them identical and things are in the works, but if you're doing what I think you're doing (making a Mustang look like Ferrari built it), then it'd be much cooler to have a couple cars Ferrari red, yellow, black, silver and one blue. THAT would be hot.

danny clemens said:
Is the GTE a Ford name that didn't get used until the GT-E Cougar or is that a name that you gave it?
I got the GTE from the Ferrari "1963 Ferrari 250 GTE 2+2 Series III"

Again, all of this is going to be up for review when we assemble a group of 10.

xj220 said:
I know you'd like them identical and things are in the works, but if you're doing what I think you're doing (making a Mustang look like Ferrari built it), then it'd be much cooler to have a couple cars Ferrari red, yellow, black, silver and one blue. THAT would be hot.
Hi 220,

I was thinking of either having them all painted exactly the same color. Or... Having all 11 completely different colors. They will all have the same racing stripes, logos, decals, etc, but they will be consecutivly numbered 1 through 11. I was thinking about takeing the 11 with the other numbers going to the partisapants. But, we could all throw our names into a hat and draw for our numbers.

There are a number of directions that the project can take once we get everyone together. Also, the first people in will have more input into the direction the project takes.

Bob