Guaging Interest

CarlsV6

Founding Member
Sep 27, 2001
Stafford, VA
This is just a little project I've been working on. A while back I decided to paint the pony emblem under my hood for shows and what not, but it's hard to do it and make it look right and the paint doesn't last long at all, even using high temp enamel. So I was thinking about making an aluminum pony emblem that would fit in that recessed area.

My question is would anyone else be interested in these? To make it economical/worth my while to do I'd have to have them made in a significant quantity. They'd be laser cut and either brushed aluminum or chrome.

Also, if you would be interested in purchasing, how much would you be willing to pay/think is reasonable?

For those wondering what I'm talking about here's the area freshly painted:

Underhood-painted.jpg

2000-UnderhoodPainted-Loom.jpg

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

it would be even better to have a whole new part designed to fit in place of the black under hood matt. dont know exactly how well it would work... i have seen high polished aluminum almost mirror like inserts that you can buy and put in between the braces when you take the matt out so you have a really neat mirror finish under the hood now that would be really neat if they dotn have one for the mustang.

I would be really interested in buying one. I tried painting it too, but like you siad it is so difficult to paint the area first off, and the paint just soaks right in to the matt. I would pay up or around 30-35 dollars for one probably. I would guess the Chrome ones would be more, like 40-45 area, but still, I know I would pay that for one as I also really like the look of it.