Guys with 4.10's

On the highway I can't even hear the any other noise besides road noise and Magnaflows at 2750rpms. :nice:

The only time I hear that noise in question is my "throttle purgatory" zone around 40-55mph.

If there really were a problem with the gears, I'm sure I would know it when on the highway........or when doing 120+mph. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Repeat after me "THERE SHOULD BE NO NOISE FROM REAR END GEARS" These parts are very hard to put in right not just anyone can do it thats why everyone takes them to a shop to have them installed by a pro. But not every "pro" knows what he is doing. I had my 410s done and they wined bad I had them redone and it was worse. The "pro" said they had to "wear in" and it would stop well it didn't. I took it to another pro he said the install was wrong and had damaged my gears beyond repair. So I purchased new gears and he put them in and there is no noise at all :nice: The moral of this story is check the rep of your pro before installation and if they make any noise take it back before you damage your gears.

Ive had my 410's in for about a year, always thought there was a slight wine. recently replaced the pinion seal and found that the pinion bearings were pitted. Changed the pinion and carrier bearings, rechecked the shim, and now they don't make any noise at all.

have picked up a weird vibe at 36-37mph in third though, any one have any ideas?