Harness Mount

I would like to put a four-point harness in my car, but don't really want to shell out the cash for a roll bar. I have seen that corbeau makes some sort of brace thing that goes behind the quarter windows on the pillar the you mount the harness too. I believe they only make them for 99-04 cars though. Does anyone else make a similar product for our cars, or could I make/modify one to fit?

• Sponsors (?)

Do you need the harness? I don't know how you feel about harnesses, but they SUCK on the street, I'd much rather have a stock seat belt over a harness unless my car was fast enough to need one.

they are a major bitch, you cant turn around to look out of anything, you have to rely solely on your mirrors, and IMO all the fox mirrors suck monkey banana, but if you must you can get what i got to temporarily mount the harnesses for mock up purposes, ebay has all those universal harness bars that are like 80 bucks

I understand wanting the harness, for looks, or an eventual track day, whatever. They are incredibly inconvenient for street use, as previously stated. Guaranteed, you will NOT ever use them, for street driving. I speak from experience, I have a Schroth harness in my car, that goes largely unused. I do want to track my car, so it will see some use, someday! Anyway, I don't have a roll bar, as the only one I would put in is the old Saleen style, that are no longer available.

You can get harnesses from various manufacturers that bolt in, using your stock seat belt bolts. I would highly recommend getting a clip-in system, which replaces your stock seat belt bolts with heavy duty eye bolts, so the racing harness can be snapped in and out with the spring loaded c-clips. You will need a mount for the submarine strap, that goes to the center front of the seat. Steeda makes a very nice mounting bar. that bolts right to the factory seat bolts. The only place I have seen them for sale, is Jegs, and eBay/Jegs, for like $60. I think the Corbeau bolt in harnesses sell for around $150, and come in colors. I went with the Schroth, which was only available in black, because, IMO, they make the best safety harnesses available, used by Nascar etc. Just an FYI, if you use the bolt-in or snap-in harness, you will need to cross your shoulder harnesses, due to the increased length from the rear seat belt bolts to front seat location. The Schroth importer, located in Massachusetts sells all of the necessary hardware, for whichever harness you decide to use. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them!
Schroth Racing Harnesses

Well I'm going to be buying new belts anyway when I change my interior from red to black. I probably won't see much if any track use in the new future and I'm planning on buying Corbeau GTS 2 seats. Do you guys recommend that I just go with stock belts then?

Well I'm going to be buying new belts anyway when I change my interior from red to black. I probably won't see much if any track use in the new future and I'm planning on buying Corbeau GTS 2 seats. Do you guys recommend that I just go with stock belts then?

That's what we are saying, yes. If the car ever ends up being a track car or fast enough to actually need the harness, you can always upgrade at that point. For street driving, you'll hate the harness.

****, i suck at teh typing, go ahead gimme me the fail pics

Ha, its OK. I knew what you meant, I was just clarifying for everybody else.