Have a chance to buy a 1990 GT...need advice

One thing to consider when buying a car that was sitting why was it parked? Was the only reason it was parked was the water pump went out of it? What about the water pump seal went and puked all the water out of it and then over heated then blew both head gaskets? How did the oil look? Just something to consider when buying a parked non-running car. You want to get a good enough deal that if something you did not consider is bad your not going to lose. Same with the trans you don’t know the condition with it sitting, you cant jump in it and run it thru the gears and test the clutch and rear end. This can also be the card you play when your trying to barter. I mean if your handy and your labor is cheap you probably wont go wrong.

Good luck and keep us posted
Scott

• Sponsors (?)

I am pretty much capable of doing almost all the work myself, but obviously parts need to be bought. I plan to play up every flaw that I can...pretty much emphasize the fact that I really have no idea what I am getting into and it could be a ton of work, there is just no telling. If I can get it for under $1000 I think I will be doing well.

you gotta learn to negotiate better.i figured after 27 cars you would know this.i will almost gaurantee if i go there i could walk away with the title to that car and 5-600 outta my pocket.it may be worth more but chances are he doesnt know that,if he did it wouldnt be sitting there.good thing is has been sitting on pavement and from the pics the body looks fairly straight and mostly rot free.compound and wax will no doubt bring that finish out quite a bit.go for it man.start super low.you can always go up but deff not come back down.let me know when your hittin it up.i'll roll.