Head casting number...

When I was changing my oil the other day I noticed that when I peered down into the valve cover, I had a date code of F1AE, This is in my 1998 Mustang GT. I did some research and came up with some things,

"The '91-'92 Romeo SOHC head sports an F1AE casting number, with a bridge-style camshaft support bridge across the cam journals. These heads have no cam bearings. The camshafts ride right on the aluminum saddles (journals) in a cushion of engine oil under pressure. The cam covers sport nine bolt holes. There are two types of spark plug holes: short-reach and long-reach. Long-reach spark plugs indicate early castings. Later castings have a shorter-reach spark plug. This is important to remember whenever you're swapping heads."

Read more: http://www.mustangandfords.com/techarticles/engine/mufp_0510_ford_modular_v8_engine_part_2/viewall.html#ixzz1tNM62lsH

... Does this mean that my motor has been swapped at some point?

• Sponsors (?)

So I have it tore apart and... I couldnt find a casting number. I did find a sticker about half way up the timing cover with 95 in big bold letters. The thing is, all the other parts on the motor are date matching... F8such and such. So I do not think that someone swapped a complete lincoln towncar motor, atleast I sure hope not...