Hello everyone!!!! First Mustang Forum for me!!

Well, the MSRP of my stang according to the web site comes to $36,925.
Here is the Mustang the way I want it:
-GT Premium
-auto tranny
-rapid spec 400A
-red candy metallic with tinted clearcoat
-security package
-glass roof
-19" painted luster nickel wheels
-saddle interior

I wont be ready until June/July 2010. Anyone knows when is the deadline to order the 2010s???
I want to wait for the news of the '11 GT. How much will it cost and weight?

My goal is to finance $31,000. How can I go from $36,925 to $31,000???
I will need rebates, pay close to invoice and how much down payment to offset the tax, title and license???

I wish you the best of luck with getting nearly $6,000 off the price of a new car. When you figure out how to do it, please, let me know! Not gonna happen.

I have always lease. This will be my 1st purchase. The ford website says $18.83 per $1,000 finance at 4.9% APR. Does this inlude tax??
In a lease payment the tax is charge in every payment (i.e. $351 lease paayment + $26.85 tax= $377.85) Is purchase the same case???

Ford's "scale" that they are using is pretty close. Normally for every $1,000 financed it is $20-$25 tacked on to your monthly payment. I believe in the "scale," it covers the total monthly payment/amount financed. At least, when I helped my brother purchase a car, that's how it worked.

I've never leased a vehicle, but I do believe that the payments may be lower when leasing, however, the downside to leasing is that normally there's a mileage limit on the lease, and if you decide to purchase at the end of the term of the lease, you're usually paying more for the car than it's actually worth. You also need to be careful of the terms of the lease, because some of them require a "balloon payment" at the end of the lease if you choose to own.

IMO, leasing is alright if you don't do a lot of driving and/or want a new vehicle every 3 years, but in that case you always have a car payment. With leasing, you're also not getting anything for your money in the end. You're basically just p1ssing it down the drain. You wind up paying (example) $2,500 down up front, then wind up with garbage like "security deposits," and your $2,500 quickly turns into much more. You put forth all this cash, and in the end, you have nothing to show for it. By the time you get done with all the surcharges that go along with leasing to get the lower monthly payment, you could've put forth that money towards purchasing the car and probably wind up with the same monthly payment, all the while having some equity in your vehicle.

IMO, leasing is a waste of money, but to each his/her own. If all you care about is getting into a Mustang, go for it, but if you want to get into it, modify it, and drive it a lot, then leasing isn't going to be the best option for you. Personally, I would never lease a vehicle, but that's me.

Hope this helps a little.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, the MSRP of my stang according to the web site comes to $36,925.
Here is the Mustang the way I want it:
-GT Premium
-auto tranny
-rapid spec 400A
-red candy metallic with tinted clearcoat
-security package
-glass roof
-19" painted luster nickel wheels
-saddle interior

I wont be ready until June/July 2010. Anyone knows when is the deadline to order the 2010s???
I want to wait for the news of the '11 GT. How much will it cost and weight?

My goal is to finance $31,000. How can I go from $36,925 to $31,000???
I will need rebates, pay close to invoice and how much down payment to offset the tax, title and license???

I have always lease. This will be my 1st purchase. The ford website says $18.83 per $1,000 finance at 4.9% APR. Does this inlude tax??
In a lease payment the tax is charge in every payment (i.e. $351 lease paayment + $26.85 tax= $377.85) Is purchase the same case???

All I can tell you is start saving for a down payment now. As soon as Ford released pics of the 2010 last year I started saving and when I was close to my target I placed my order knowing I'd have the rest of it when the car was delivered. So on top of my xplan, the $1000 rebate, and my $6500 down payment...well you get the idea. Its definitely worth waiting and saving because it will help a lot in the long run.

Yeah, but the thing is, when I get the Mustang, it's already going to be modded. It'll have the Track Pack (3.73 gears, wheels, upgraded tires, upgraded suspension) and a Roushcharger. While the best part will certainly be the upgrade in power from "stock," it's going to be just as nice to have everything covered under a factory warranty. :nice:

What I'm discovering with my Camaro is that it's not a piece of crap which is constantly having mechanical failures because it's a piece of crap, but it's been a matter of chasing someone else's mistakes. An alternator can fail on anyone, but when you pay someone $7800 for an engine rebuild, plus machining and labor, and it's leaking at all its seals within 2 years and 30,000 miles, that's the fault of the people who built it. I was promised a "quality job," and what I'm finding is that I had my cheeks spread.

Agreed. Your Camaro is not a piece of crap, maybe the guy working on it is. :shrug: In either case, you're right, at least you won't need to mod the stang, I'll be buying my supercharger around end of January or so, still haven't really decided on what I want though. Roushcharger if I want to keep factory warranty, or another supercharger and some headers if I wanna say screw it and go all out. :D

All I can tell you is start saving for a down payment now. As soon as Ford released pics of the 2010 last year I started saving and when I was close to my target I placed my order knowing I'd have the rest of it when the car was delivered. So on top of my xplan, the $1000 rebate, and my $6500 down payment...well you get the idea. Its definitely worth waiting and saving because it will help a lot in the long run.

That's what I'm trying to do! I'm not asking for $6,000 off MSRP. I want to finance $31K. I'm calculating with rebates, paying close to invoice I should be close to $33,000 correct??
Then, tax, title and license? another $3,000?? more? or less??
Then my down payment I probably will need another $2,000 to be at $31,000, correct?

MSRP $36,925
minus 3,500 (rebate + close to invoice)
sub-total $33,425
plus TTL, $ 3,000 ????
sub-total $36,425
minus DP $ 5,000
Total
Finance $31,425 !!!!

My goal. Is it correct????

PS. Again, when you guys think the deadline to order 2010s??

delpiero, I just asked our ordering manager and she said the deadline won't be for a couple months at least (probably sometime around December). Ford hasn't released to us the specs on the 2011 Mustangs yet. I also did a California Dealer Inventory search to see if there are any 2010 Mustang GT Premiums that match your specifications and currently there is only one that comes close (VIN:1ZVBP8CH0A5124923). The MSRP on the vehicle is $39,655. Invoice is $36,573. X-plan is $36,701. Current rebates total $1,000 with 0% for up to 36 months (on approved credit).

With a list price of $39,655, a sale price of ($36,573 + fees) - factory rebate ($1000), and factoring in San Diego county tax:

Fees (Tire Tax, Doc Fee, Lic, Etc): $805.75
Taxes: $3204.95
Financed Amount: $39,583.70

Monthly Payment at 0% for 36 mo: $1099.55
Monthly Payment at 6.9% for 60 mo: $784.19
Monthly Payment at 4.9% for 60 mo (no rebate): $765.57
Monthly Payment at 6.9% for 72 mo (no rebate): $691.95

The above is all with $0 down.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Derek

delpiero, I just asked our ordering manager and she said the deadline won't be for a couple months at least (probably sometime around December). Ford hasn't released to us the specs on the 2011 Mustangs yet. I also did a California Dealer Inventory search to see if there are any 2010 Mustang GT Premiums that match your specifications and currently there is only one that comes close (VIN:1ZVBP8CH0A5124923). The MSRP on the vehicle is $39,655. Invoice is $36,573. X-plan is $36,701. Current rebates total $1,000 with 0% for up to 36 months (on approved credit).

With a list price of $39,655, a sale price of ($36,573 + fees) - factory rebate ($1000), and factoring in San Diego county tax:

Fees (Tire Tax, Doc Fee, Lic, Etc): $805.75
Taxes: $3204.95
Financed Amount: $39,583.70

Monthly Payment at 0% for 36 mo: $1099.55
Monthly Payment at 6.9% for 60 mo: $784.19
Monthly Payment at 4.9% for 60 mo (no rebate): $765.57
Monthly Payment at 6.9% for 72 mo (no rebate): $691.95

The above is all with $0 down.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Derek

Thanks Derek for the info. I'm Alex by the way.
Ok, so this mean I can't order from factory after Dec for a 2010???
The year starts in January!!! I thought I would have until June of 2010 to order a 2010!!

$39,655 is too much for a Mustang, IMO. The car cost $36,900 the way I configured it minus rebates and invoice price.
I'm guessing $33,900+806 fees - $1,000 rebate = $33,706
$33,706 + $2,950(tax 8.75% CA) $36,656 - $5,000 down payment = $31,656

This ($31,656) is the amount I want to finance. Now, if I get the rebate I won't get the 4.9% APR for 60 months??

What if I go to a credit union?? can I still get an equal or better APR and still have the rebate from Ford???

Thanks for the info again!!

I'll get back to you on an exact cut-off date for the 2010 Mustang. She's currently really busy trying to get all of the cash for clunkers re-submitted.

Currently if you take the rebate you will get 6.9% for 60 months, if you do not take the rebate then you will receive 4.9% for 60 months. You can ask the dealership for an option contract and take the 6.9% with $1,000. You will then have 30 days to go and secure your own financing. Say Bank of America will finance you at 4.9%, just bring it in and the dealership will switch it over. :nice:

The older a vehicle model is, the more rebates and the better APR financing become available on it. For instance, 2009 Mustangs may currently have $5000 in rebates with 0% for 60mo whereas the 2010's may only have $1000 with 0% for 36.

If you want I can mock order that car for you to give you an exact invoice price.

*correction: my first post was misleading, in California you take the sale price + taxes and fees and then subtract rebates. sorry for the confusion.

I'll get back to you on an exact cut-off date for the 2010 Mustang. She's currently really busy trying to get all of the cash for clunkers re-submitted.

Currently if you take the rebate you will get 6.9% for 60 months, if you do not take the rebate then you will receive 4.9% for 60 months. You can ask the dealership for an option contract and take the 6.9% with $1,000. You will then have 30 days to go and secure your own financing. Say Bank of America will finance you at 4.9%, just bring it in and the dealership will switch it over. :nice:

The older a vehicle model is, the more rebates and the better APR financing become available on it. For instance, 2009 Mustangs may currently have $5000 in rebates with 0% for 60mo whereas the 2010's may only have $1000 with 0% for 36.

If you want I can mock order that car for you to give you an exact invoice price.

*correction: my first post was misleading, in California you take the sale price + taxes and fees and then subtract rebates. sorry for the confusion.

Wow 0.0% APR for 72 months. I guess I'll wait until Aug/Sep 2010 to get those deals on the '10s.
Thanks for your help Derek. You don't have to mock order man, I will no be ready anyway until end of Summer 2010.

How are you able to afford this car when you "just got your degree and looking for a job"?

I'm a little bit confused...I can't help but heqr Suzee Orman's voice in the background.. "boyfriend! You can't afford it.. ghaa".

How are you able to afford this car when you "just got your degree and looking for a job"?

I'm a little bit confused...I can't help but heqr Suzee Orman's voice in the background.. "boyfriend! You can't afford it.. ghaa".

Well..... I'm going to be ready by August of 2010 which means I have a little over 10 months, and I think anyone can afford to pay $600 a month on any given debt. That's the American Dream :flag: