Help...Intake..

• Sponsors (?)

nitrousrush said:
I need help could i put this intake on my 93 lx is their n e way possible and if so how please help thank you....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2447557312&category=38634

yes it should work fine... you might need to do a little fabrication, but should be a relatively easy job (never installed one on a mass air car, but since its made to fit a sensor for a 5.0 anyway it should be easy, as long as the sensors are the same size if not youll need some new rubber connectors, maybe 3 bucks each at lowes). you can also make one out of PVC pipe and get a cone filter for the end of it that would be about the same performance wise. this is not a ram air setup like the ad claims, its a fenderwell cold air intake. but 70 bucks isnt too bad, if you got the money to spend since you get the pipes and a filter. just FYI if you make one out of PVC it would probably only cost you like 20.

Yes you can make it fit custom if you tried. It all depends how you do it and if you do it right. If your going to do it you have to use the mass air filter on it the tube and everything. I do not see why it would not work.

Jmans Web site has alot about all the intake stuff.

nitrousrush said:
Mike.. Thank you for the link.

Sure thing.
If your just going for looks, disregard the following:

That cold air intake will probably give you .05 hp. You Still would have the mass air as a restriction.
You stand to gain about 10-15 hp from the upper and lower intake however.

If you need a turbo and exhaust manifold, let me know. I know where to find them.

Mike

?

Sure thing.
If your just going for looks, disregard the following:

That cold air intake will probably give you .05 hp. You Still would have the mass air as a restriction.
You stand to gain about 10-15 hp from the upper and lower intake however.

If you need a turbo and exhaust manifold, let me know. I know where to find them.

Mike

Yes i would like to check out the site. As for the looks and everything, i not only want it to look good but i want it to be fast to. I dont know thats just how i am. And i got a question for you i have seen your videos you have the turbo i beleive is it cheaper to make the turbo faster then the 5.0?. Or is the 5.0 faster if you only do a couple of mods to it. And can you make the 2.3 turbo faster then the 5.0 can be because i dont know what engine i would rather have because i dont know nothing about the turbo.

nitrousrush said:
Yes i would like to check out the site. As for the looks and everything, i not only want it to look good but i want it to be fast to. I dont know thats just how i am. And i got a question for you i have seen your videos you have the turbo i beleive is it cheaper to make the turbo faster then the 5.0?. Or is the 5.0 faster if you only do a couple of mods to it. And can you make the 2.3 turbo faster then the 5.0 can be because i dont know what engine i would rather have because i dont know nothing about the turbo.

Well, put it this way.

I have a beautiful 1990 5.0 Supercharged LX mustang that runs 11.90's, which I have put over 20 Thousand dollars into.

Then, I have a Junkyard built, project car that I have put about 2500 dollars into that runs Low 12.s with mostly stock parts. (read the first page of my site).

Do you want to look good? or do you wana haul butt?

nitrousrush said:
Sorry checkin the site now

There you go. :nice:

If you need, I can make a small list of everything you need and where to get it.

Depending on what you want to do, either put new forged low compression pistons in your already running motor and then boost it like a 5.0 would using an FMU

or

Buy a complete turbo motor, computer, wiring harness, VAM meter
and go from there.