Help interpert status form....pick up at plant?

DJ07

Oct 16, 2004
Hey guys, I got back from my dealet this morning. We discussed the delays of the '05s and he gave me an updated vehicle status form as of 10/14. Now, 101/2s said my car was "on hold" but the 14th its changed.

Here it is:

order2.jpg

Now, if its shipped, why is the ETA still TBA? Im confused.

Also, if my car is still at AAI, does anyone know if it would be possible to pick it up straight from the plant? I'm in Cleveland and its only a 3 hour drive to the plant. Would it be possible to contact them and with yoru VIN and dealers permission, pick it up yoourself, instead of waiting a week or more stil to get it.

• Sponsors (?)

351CJ said:
You cannot pick up your car at the plant. Back in the good old days you could do this, but that was over 40 years ago.

Can the dealership choose to pick up the car at the plant or at the shipping yard rather than have it delivered?

TBD = Two Be Determined

upstate is correct, the teamsters contract specifies a uniform shipping charge no matter where the car is deliverd or even if it is picked up.

Picking up your car at the factory is a PITA for the manufacturer. It is only allowed for special (low volume) situations like the vette. I belive that Ford does not allow any at plant pickups.