Help replacing Mach 460 w/ a Sony?

Lyndsay

Jan 27, 2012
A little background:
The car is a 2004 Mustang Coupe with the Mach 460 system.
The head unit is a Sony GT565-UP.
I also got a dash kit and the appropriate wire harnesses from Crutchfield (#120705521).​
When I went to solder the wires from the head unit's harness to the Crutchfield harness, all the colors matched except for one pair... the HU has a blue/white striped wire called "remote antenna". The larger of the two Crutchfield harnesses has a solid blue one called "power antenna". I figured they were the same thing and hooked them up. The HU works fine, but it seems like there is some sound "missing".​
The smaller Crutchfield harness has one pair of RCA jacks which I plugged into the SUB/REAR audio out like the instructions advised, and then two blue/white striped wires that are just open wires with no connector of any kind. I have no idea what these are supposed to connect to, but they're for the amps, and I'm pretty sure I have factory amps in the car, so I feel like it's necessary they hook up to SOMETHING. Did I screw up connecting the blue/white stripe from the HU to the solid blue on the Crutchfield harness?​
I'm assuming this is the root of my problem and if I can get these amp wires connected, the sound will be much improved. Any ideas??​

• Sponsors (?)