Help with 1997 Cobra intake...

fiveohwblow

Official Member
Jul 21, 2005
JUST TO BE CLEAR:I am not wanting this to be confused with trying to sell an item in the wrong spot, I just need some advice about selling it.

I was given an intake to put on ebay for a friend off of a low mile 97 cobra. I look all around, and all I find is 93 5.0 cobra intakes, nothing else. I am trying to find the market price, and its nearly impossible thus far to find it. I have the manifold, throttle body, fuel rails, injectors, and exhaust manifold brackets which are all in perfect shape, along with all new gaskets. I thought I had seen one of these on ebay a while back for a decent price which is why I offered to sell it for him, but now that I look again I cannot find anyone offering this, not even on the stangnet classifieds. Is this a valuable intake and should it be placed on ebay and stangnet? I assume someone would want it since everything is included, but it doesnt seem to be a popular item. HELP! Thanks for all your help svt guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Considering that there are few, if any, aftermarket manifold options for Cobra engines, the only time a Cobra intake would be sold would be if a Roots-type blower was installed. Since they don't generally wear out, I would think that the demand for an intake would be very low. You might get some cash out of the injectors, rails and throttle body, but that's about it.

On the contrary...there are a lot of people out there that are modifying these intakes so I believe the price of them is up there...You could probably get $400 for it on Ebay I would think since there are only a set number of these intakes out there...

People are charging upwards of $750 for the modified ones, and that's with a core exchange...

missouri_guy197 said:
On the contrary...there are a lot of people out there that are modifying these intakes so I believe the price of them is up there...You could probably get $400 for it on Ebay I would think since there are only a set number of these intakes out there...

People are charging upwards of $750 for the modified ones, and that's with a core exchange...
Wow. Thanks for the valuable info. I was finding the sites talking about modifying them, but no mention of purchasing them and what not. I will list it tomorrow then. Thanks again!
Anyone else with an opinion or fact? They are greatly appreciated!

That sep up you have is expensive as hell at the FORD dealer, however I don't think it will be worth much on the street, because nobody will really need one, or want one if it is stock. If it was modified..like ported upper, and shortened intake runners, it would be worth more on the street because people pay as much as 650+ to get that kind of work done. I hope you can sell it, but don't give it away too cheap. If somebody needed one, say they bought a car that was a stolen recovery, and they took the intake, I bet you could really fist someone for it, because they won't want to pay what the dealer wants.