Help with code 31, check engine Pls.

oo7thenova

Founding Member
Aug 31, 2001
CALIFORNIA
well a week ago i noticed that my check engine light came on and off while i was driving the car , also i my cold start idle was a little rough.

well today i pulled the codes and it everything was all good, i got code 11 but in the continous memory part i got code 31 which:

31 (orc*): EVP (EGR Valve Position) or PFE (Pressure Feedback EGR) sensor voltage too low, or EVR (EGR Vacuum Regulator) circuit problems

this was on the Key On Engine Off test.

the Key On Engine running test was good , code 11

How can i fix that and what do i need to replace?

thanks guys :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Holy Cheebus...I got the same problem!!! Does your check engine light come off and on while driving for example when you shift gears? I pulled codes and I think I got a code 41...but anyways I was told to replace the EGR selenoid well I did and still nothing. There seems to be no loss in power but I can't really tell. I was also told about the PFE but have no clue what the hell it is...my car needs to go get emmission done soon so I can't have any check engine lights on...HELP MUSTANG Guru's.

There seems to be low vacuum but I also have H/C/I done to my car...I really need help as well. What on the EGR can go wrong besides the things listed thus far?

Fattystang

I the problem fixed. I just replaced the EGR valve position Sensor or EVP. Cleared the memory codes and solved the problem. PM me if you want more details.

Highbredcloud,

Make sure to check the codes so that you get the right parts. Most of the time when the check engine light flashes the problem is from the emissions equipment.

also on code 41. its the driver side o2 sensor.

thanks to all you guys that helped me.

:flag: