Help

First, the problem. I came to a stop light today, taking a right turn, I pressed on the gas and the car kinda jolted, which it normally doesn't do, so I cruise up to about 50 mph in OD down the street and the car (It's an automatic) won't shift out of third gear, felt like the OD wouldn't let it, the engine is wailing, so my first instinct was to let off the gas cuz maybe the gear is just stuck, so I do that, and slowly press on the gas again and the engine wails again and the car jolts a bit so I shift out of OD and into Drive and still nothing happens, so I shift back and press the gas to the floor and the whole thing shakes violently and the car stalls out, so I pull over to the side of the road and get out and look under the hood and find nothing, no smoke, not anything. So, I get back into the car and try to start it and the car shakes violently again and dies out. So I wait a few minutes and try it again and it starts up and I pull back onto the road and head to my destination, but now everytime Im coming to a stop, the car shakes like its going to die but doesnt, and everytime the car shifts I get this jolting feeling.

I got home and checked my fluids after letting the car cool for a while. Radiator is fine. Block has always had a small leak so there isn't really problem there cept for having to add a little oil. I start the car and let it idle and the tranny fluid is fine. Checked my lines and find nothing wrong, no oil or anything wrong with the spark plugs. So, I'm at a loss for whats going on. I'm thinking it could be the crappy A4LD just going up. From what I heard from the pervious owner she had it rebuilt before.

Any help on what it may be? Similar problems?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a definate possibility to me, but i've never owned a vehicle with an A4LD before. My only suggestion is to make sure the vacuum line going to the modulator is connected. If so, maybe you should hook up a vacuum pump to it and make sure it hasn't shot craps. :shrug:

Update. It did it again. Died out, luckily, not far from my house, but I got it started again and drove it home. I got home and popped the hood and there is fluid everywhere, Im talking like, on my alternator and timing cover, frickin everywhere. I don't see any lines busted or anything and I checked my valve cover gasket, only one screw was not all that tight so I tightened it. Bah...looks like i might be facing some shop time. The fluid looks like oil but I'm not sure.