Here's the Wheel Scoop!!

mobydickdog

Apr 17, 2005
Just got back from a car show. The wheels that I saw tonight on a 2005 GT were awesome. They fit PERFECTLY!!!! The OFFSET is PERFECT!!

The wheels are called ROH Drift-R.

They were on a Sonic Blue Mustang. They have them with Black spokes which would look good on a Yellow Mustang, but these were more of a grey color on these wheels that I saw.

Here's the scoop.

Fronts: 18 X 9 +35 mm Offset with P255-45R18

Rears: 18 X 10 +45 mm Offset with P285-40R18

Here is a website that I found that have some pictures and it looks like they sell these wheels also.

http://www.jdwheels.com/

In my OPINION. The "look" that you get from this combo makes it appear that you wouldn't have to lower the car. It really seems to visually fill the wheel well more. However, the tire diameter is essentially the exact same as the stock tires. Obviously it does not fill the wheel well anymore than the stock tire. But the amount that the wheel sticks out from the fender and the "fatter" tires makes it seems full. It kind of tricks the eye.

The guy that sells them in my area said that if you wanted to go 18 X 9 all the way around you could use the +35 mm OFFSET or even a +36 mm OFFSET.

Hope the info helps. I wish I had gotten some pictures but forgot the camera. I believe the website has some good pics though.

• Sponsors (?)

Over's GT said:
Hey were you at the Pavilions in Scottsdale AZ?

same care there, not sure of brand name of wheels but size is same. it was brand new, just wheels tires & stripes

THIS had to be the same car I parked next to! I just checked the link for the wheels and that them, if you weren't at Pavilions that is a wild quinsadinc

I had the bone stock black Mustang GT I was there from about 8 till 10

Anyone know where I can see a pic of these wheels on a silver car? :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

frnt.JPG

side2.JPG

Over's GT,

Yep,

I was there. I did see a black GT parked across from this Blue car and down a few cars. It had the stock wheels if I recall. Is that you? The frickin dealer had their Red V-6 covert across from you.

I'm into street rodding also. When the temperature is less than 100 degrees outside and I'm not working Saturdays, I am usually there. I have a '40 Ford Coupe and a '34 Ford Tudor Sedan.

The Pavilions car show used to be a really great car show. It is starting to get out of hand now. A lot of kids there just waiting to get into trouble also. I've been going for about 12 years now. There used to be no cops and not even any cussing. Just true gear heads there to talk shop and share their cars and to learn a heck of a lot. It is turning more and more into a NEW car/truck lot than a car show though.

Anyway, I picked the guys brains pretty good about these wheels and tires. They really grew on me.

mobydickdog said:
Over's GT,

Yep,

I was there. I did see a black GT parked across from this Blue car and down a few cars. It had the stock wheels if I recall. Is that you? The frickin dealer had their Red V-6 covert across from you.

I'm into street rodding also. When the temperature is less than 100 degrees outside and I'm not working Saturdays, I am usually there. I have a '40 Ford Coupe and a '34 Ford Tudor Sedan.

The Pavilions car show used to be a really great car show. It is starting to get out of hand now. A lot of kids there just waiting to get into trouble also. I've been going for about 12 years now. There used to be no cops and not even any cussing. Just true gear heads there to talk shop and share their cars and to learn a heck of a lot. It is turning more and more into a NEW car/truck lot than a car show though.

Anyway, I picked the guys brains pretty good about these wheels and tires. They really grew on me.

yea, I agree on the croud and attitude there, been going ther on and off since '95

I parked next to the sonic blue one so there must of been another one earler.

forgot to mention,
my dad was with me at the Pavilions show, he also talked it up with the guy in the sonic blue GT with the Drift R's, turns out he's from Seatle WA. and picked up the car down here in AZ got the wheels & stripes and driving back I guess, he said he will get a Shelby GT500 when out

It was firt time I saw the Drift R's in person, They looked realy nice on this car and like mentioned above it gave it a lowered look without being lowered (maybe he had a couple of dead bodies in the trunk, he did leave in a hurry)
my stock GT was next to his and I stood in front of both and had to ask him if he lowered it!

anyway, my dad will have a '06 vert on order monday (toungsten w/18's) and he wants those Drift R's so I might get a set of ford 18's to replace my little bullits :nice:

Sounds like a great plan on the wheels.

I think the guy took delivery from Lou Grubb. The stripes were painted on by one of the guys that was hanging around that night. His cards went like wild fire.