hey i got one too!!!!

hey ya'll... i haven't been around for a long time. most of you prolly don't remember me.

i have a 86 hatch with a 2.3. she is ALL white, has a 4"cowl induction hood.... hey don't laugh, i got the hood for a buck!!! and i bought a set of louvers off ebay and i think i am getting ready to do a 5.0 swap out of a 89 lincoln. got the wiring harness and the computer!!!
i have had nothing but trouble out of her with a 2.3. oh sure i want it for gas mileage, but it keeps breaking starter bolts and the flywheel grinds.

we are currently working on restoring a 66 fastback, and looking for a 67 fastback to do an eleanor clone.
just sold a 65 fastback, and finishing up detail work on a 67 rs camaro.

well since i own a 2.3 i figured i would post in here till i get my crap together.

• Sponsors (?)

What is actually in the 86? An electronic feedback carb or efi?

Do you have the C3 auto or the A4LD or a stick?

I am curious because I have what are suppposed to be an 83 and an 85 2.3, both of which are carbed, C3 cars.

Oddly enough my 5.0L car got better mpg if I stayed out of it than my 2.3L. Sure the 5.0L was faster but for some reason it didnt seem to have the soul and character of my 2.3L and my 2.3 remained my favorite to drive unless I planned on racing. Odd....
crap I think I was :OT:

rd said:
What is actually in the 86? An electronic feedback carb or efi?

Do you have the C3 auto or the A4LD or a stick?

I am curious because I have what are suppposed to be an 83 and an 85 2.3, both of which are carbed, C3 cars.

it has a 2.3 carbed and i am not sure about the tranny...:shrug: all i know is that i have to shift it cuz the stupis modulator valve is bad...
i figured it was a c-4.
i would keep the 2.3 if i could find a efi and harness and computer... :p