HID Lights Problems

TOZ

Aug 30, 2009
Hi guys,
We just got a 2007 Mustang V6. The previuos Owner had a JS HID ES8000 Xenon lights kit installed in the car.

The Aligment of the lights are all messed up. The hi beams which are supposted to be the HID lights iluuminate like if they were Low beams, and the Low beams are way off one is looking up and the other down.

I inspected the bulbs and I see why. This headlights are suppost to have only one light bulb (OEM) in it. I know these headlight can not be aligned.

The problem here is that the main Bulb that goes strait into the headlight is the xenon bulb (suppostly to be the Hi beam), which it makes the light to iluminate perfectly but as a a Low beam. And on the same Xenon bulb socket there is a Halogen bulb attached to it to run as the Low beam. Since this Halogen bulb which is suppost to be low beam is not centered in the headlight, as the xenon bulb is, thats why everything is so Screwed up.

See pics attached so you can understand.
I heard that some of the HID lights only work one way, as low beams, sacrificing the hi beam. In this case, i don`t know if this is a Double systme for Hi and low beams or somebody did a crappy job here.

Please help me out to figure this systmen out. They even cut the OEM sockets so now is kind of hard to go back to OEM.

Anyone with this system installed ? If you do, do you have an Installation Guide so I can figure it out ? Am I stuck with a Single HID system and somebody tried to make it double ?

HELP PLEASE.

PICS:
Lights%20018.JPG

Lights%20019.JPG

Lights%20020.JPG

• Sponsors (?)