Hidden Kill switch ?

• Sponsors (?)

a hidden kill switch is usually used to prevent auto theft. hide a switch that kills the ignition, and it wont start.

that's what i was thinking, so wouldn't you want it inside the car or an easily acces but secret area, rather than under the LP?

I was watching the Show "it takes a thief" and the installed something on a boat that kills the ignition over the internet/cell phone. The guy got a text message from anywhere if the boat started up when the system was armed, and he could shut it down if he needed. it also tied in with GPS tracking he could monitor over the internet if it was being towed away and not started...i don't know if it was a loJack system or not though.

I think it would be neat to wire it up so when you press both map light buttons at the same time, it'd kill it. A thief wouldn't think of that. Under the dash, glovebox, and center console are the first places they would look. If you don't have heated leather, you could install the heated leather switches and use one of those, too.

i saw a really good idea once... it was on a van.. it was in the dash padding and you had to "squish(or pinch)" the dash pad exactly in the correct spot.. it was right in front of the speedo where the dash sticks out and slants back into the inst. cluster. . not like those bull crap toggles that people put on a kick panel....

wire to the horn so when the thief gets excited he just stole the car, and tries to honk as he drives away it shuts down lol.

When i was installing at Circuit we had a truck come in that you had to hit the lock button on the drivers side door then the window up before it would start.

that's what i was thinking, so wouldn't you want it inside the car or an easily acces but secret area, rather than under the LP?

I was watching the Show "it takes a thief" and the installed something on a boat that kills the ignition over the internet/cell phone. The guy got a text message from anywhere if the boat started up when the system was armed, and he could shut it down if he needed. it also tied in with GPS tracking he could monitor over the internet if it was being towed away and not started...i don't know if it was a loJack system or not though.

I was thinking for track safety reasons, not theft. For the track, under the LP is the perfect place. Especially if your car is still a street driven car most of the time.

i've been looking into installing a hiddin kill switch as well and i was thinking behind the glove box it would be so easy, plus there is so much room. and i was talking to my boss and he mentioned there may be a way to program it into the radio or the "info" button